37

the group of friends were currently at the wimters' house getting ready for ryan's big ask to the girl he has a crush on.

gabbie and paris were working on decorating the basket where all the gifts and stuff would go. they weren't having much luck since lavender kept messing with it. christina and riley were out at the store buying stuff to go into the basket.

corbyn, jonah and daniel were working on lyrics, jack and zach were upstairs working on chords/melody while sloane worked with ryan on how he would/should ask out alyssa.

"ok doofus what's your plan?" sloane asked him as she handed him a glass of lemonade. "because the song and the basket aren't just going to do it"

"why not though?" ryan whined as he put the glass on the table. "am i actually going to have to ask her?"

sloane looked at him expressionless. "um yeah? what did you think that when you gave her the song and basket that she would just know? because she won't"

"ugh girls are so difficult, i hate it" ryan groaned sitting back in the chair and folding his arms.

"if you think that way don't date alyssa then, and be a single doof for the rest of your sad lonely doof life" sloane teased.

ryan sat there and thought about it for a minute. he soon perked up and smiled. "so how should i ask her exactly?"

sloane started laughing, "and that's what i thought" she said causing ryan to hit her arm only for her to laugh more.

sloane soon stopped when gabbie called her name. sloane got off the couch and went over to gabbie but her attention obviously shifted to lavender pretty quickly.

"okay since you're obsessed with her i'm glad i called you over, can you bring her to jack he has to change her diaper just because i don't want to" gabbie told her handing sloane lavender.

sloane nodded and took lavender upstairs to where zach and jack were working on chords. when she walked in they were both fooling around singing about and in-n-out order they wanted.

once they finished singing sloane cheered and had lavender do little claps. zach and jack both jumped a bit and looked over to see the two girls cheering them on.

"aren't you supposed to be working with ryan instead of spying on us" jack said as his eyes traveled to lavender. "and who gave you lav now you're not going to focus"

"actually gabbie gave her to me, she said you have to change her diaper, and i can totally focus while i hold lav i'm not incapable" sloane said as she handed lavender to jack.

"no you really can't, and i'll be back let me change her diaper" jack said grabbing lavender and the baby bag and walking to the bathroom.

once he left zach and sloane were left in the room silent. they were still kind of awkward around each other since they didn't want to hurt each other's feelings anymore but didn't know how to act.

"so um- nice weather we're having- right?" zach asked stumbling with his words with a nervous smile.

sloane then busted out laughing, "i'm sorry it's just why is this awkward? we talked out everything, we didn't even sleep last night going through it all"

zach then started to laugh also. "i don't know, we said we're starting fresh, and no more secrets and lies, so let's do that"

sloane nodded and walked over to sit next to him on the bed. "did y'all come up with actual chords or have you been writing your in-n-out song this whole time?"

"we have like three chords and then got bored, and also hungry, so we decided to write about food" zach told her honestly.

sloane shook her head and giggled. "i knew putting you two together was a mistake, but no one wanted to listen to me"

"shut up, jack and i are a great team, probably one of the best out there if not the best. you're just jealous" zach said puffing up his chest.

"okay sure whatever gets through the big head of yours" sloane said sarcastically while rolling her eyes.

zach then acted offended and started fake crying, causing sloane to laugh again. "please don't become an actor you will not do well" she said to him.

zach stopped fake crying and gave her a shocked look. "i'm HURT by that statement, let me just crawl under a rock and never show my face"

"oh my god your such a diva i can't with you" sloane said putting her head down trying to hide her gigantic smile.

"yeah you shouldn't become an actress, because i can clearly see that goofy grin on your face, you're not fooling me" zach said picking her head up to look at him.

once zach had her look at him they both looked into each other's eyes and just sat there for a minute. they both started to lean in but soon broke away when the door opened.

it was jack and lavender. "i swear this baby shits like a ton, i've never seen anything like it, tell gabbie she's got next and the 'i breast feed and gave birth to her' excuse isn't going to work anymore"

jack then looked up at the two who were on two different sides of the room looking uncomfortable. "are you two okay? di-did something happen when i was gone?" he asked. zach and sloane looked at each other than back at jack and aggressively shook their heads.

"you said tell gabbie that she's changing lav next time right? yeah okay, i'll um, bring her back to gabs, y'all have fun now bye bye" sloane said grabbing lavender and rushing out of the room.

"what the hell happened when i left?" jack asked the younger boy who seemed like he was fixed on a singular guitar string.

zach looked up at him with wide eyes but then back on his guitar string. "nothing man nothing happened can we um get back to these cords ryan, is going to need this done by today so"

jack slowly nodded not one hundred percent convinced that nothing happened but decided to drop it and wait for them to tell him.

alrighty then what y'all think
bye loves <3