Chapter 7 • Extra Ordinary

❤︎

EXTRA ORDINARY

My Life as Number Seven

By Vanya Hargreeves

The book came out more than five years ago, and (Y/n) still remembers that day when it came in the mail. She was practicing for her last upcoming ballet recital, training was over a couple hours ago so Luther and (Y/n) scattered across the house afterwards.

Luther was in his room reading the book first while doing pushups. His sister waited until he was done to read it. She could have read her father's book, but Vanya said it was specifically signed for him, so she never asked for his.

The next morning during breakfast, (Y/n) was already eating scrambled eggs and bacon Mom had made. Luther came into the kitchen, slamming the book onto the table and sat down. He did not look too pleased.

"What's got your panties in a bunch?" She asked him.

"I just finished reading Vanya's book," Luther pointed to it on the table. "I won't spoil it for you, but just forewarning you, it gets bad."

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows. She knew that her sister's autobiography would tell many stories about growing up as Number Seven in the Umbrella Academy, but how bad could it get?

She found out soon enough. Each chapter told a different story on a member of the Academy in Vanya's point of view. There were harsh words written and a few stories that weren't Vanya's place to tell. The book drove the family apart even further. But then again, when have they ever been close as a family anyway? When have they ever been a family in general?

(Y/n) was a still slightly upset when she first read it. Some secrets she shared with her sister were now written in the pages of a book that was sold all around the country. But in the end, she knew that it was Vanya's choice to make it. In doing so, she'd have to deal with the consequences.

The next time that the two met up, they never spoke about the book. Both of them didn't think either of them wanted to, anyway. The subject was never brought up again until years later.

And the last ballet recital (Y/n) performed at, Vanya was the only one to come.

-

The two of them collapsed on the bed once they arrived back in his room. The girl hurried to take off her red converse and laying down. She fought for her eyes to stay open, not wanting to sleep just yet and the action didn't go unnoticed by Five.

"You should rest, you'll need it for when we go out later." He told her as he removed his blazer.

(Y/n) rubbed her eyes and started to sit up. "No, no, I'm fine. Just..." She yawned. "A little tired."

Five rolled his eyes and pressed a hand on her shoulder, pushing her back down onto the bed.

"I'm not taking no for an answer. Sleep, (Y/n)."

She was about to object until she couldn't fight the drowsiness anymore and before she knew it, she had fallen asleep. Five heard the soft sounds of her sleeping and smiled. He studied her sleeping body and felt like a creep while doing so.

That's when he saw something on her arms, few scars were layered over her. They didn't exactly look like knife or gun wounds but more so of needle scars. Five hadn't noticed them before since she was wearing a red bomber jacket before but since she had taken it off, they were much easier to see.