Chapter 20 • I Love You

❤︎

WARNING: Gore, blood and major blood loss

❤︎

"Mr. Luntz, can you hear me?"

The man, looking beaten and bruised with several cuts on his face, groaned as he stirred awake in his hospital bed. As his swollen eyes opened as much as they could, he glanced over to the three people standing over his bed.

"Who, um... Who are you?" He asked, quietly.

"I'm Sergant Cheddar, and this is... these are my... associates." Officer Cheddar replied as he winked over to Allison. "Just have a couple questions for you."

"Am I in trouble?"

"No trouble, nothin' like that. I just... I wanted to ask you about the accident in the Bearskin Tavern parking lot last night."

The man sighed, "You're a cop. You gotta protect me no matter what, right?"

"It's my sworn duty." Cheddar nodded.

Taking a deep breath, the man began to explain what took place that night. "It was no accident."

"What do you mean?"

"This guy... hired us to start a fight. He wanted us to roughen him up in front of his girlfriend." Hearing these words, Allison and (Y/n) began to slowly walk closer to the bed, keeping their full attention on him.

"He paid real good, up front. We got drunk. Took it a little too far. Started to hassel the girl, too. And then, all hell broke lose."

"The guy who paid you," Allison stepped up. "What did he look like? Brown hair, light scruff, slight build?"

"Yeah. Yeah, that's him."

"Well, that's a... a really good guess." Cheddar pointed out, looking down at the other girl in slight confusion. She saw this and came up with a quick excuse.

"She takes her roles very seriously." (Y/n) told him. He nodded in response.

"Is this the girlfriend?" Allison questioned, taking out the folded plastic cover of Vanya's books. They always had a small picture of her on the back, and just before the man could reply, Officer Cheddar broke the coversation.

"Hey, uh... just, um... just a moment." He told him, pulling away the two girls and covering the man's bed up with the blue curtain.

"Hey, by any chance, is your movie called Small Town Cop Falls for Hollywood Superstar's Bullshit?"

Allison let out a sigh. "We're sorry for misleading you."

"I believe the word would be "lying"." Cheddar fixed.

"I'm sorry we lied." The (h/c) haired girl apologized. "But we didn't know how else to get answers."

Allison showed the Officer the book cover with Vanya's photo.

"This is our sister." (Y/n) almost wanted to cringe at the word. "And we think the guy that put him in this hospital has her. We have to find her."

"I could get fired for just bringing you two down here with me."

"Please. We think she's in trouble. We need your help."

Thinking about it, then deciding to take pity on these two girls, Officer Cheddar brushed aside the curtain and looked over to the man laying in the bed.

"Answer the lady's question. Is this the girlfriend?" He repeated for her.

(Y/n) and Allison both immediately relaxed themselves. They would definitely both be in this man's debt for a while. But that moment of joy ended too soon when a nurse in blue scrubs entered the room.