Chapter 19 • I Heard a Rumor

❤︎

As Allison continued to drive down the rainy dark, eerie road, her mind wandered back to many memories. Memories of using her powers growing up over the years. Her own haunting voice echoed in her mind.

I heard a rumor that you wanted to be my friend.

I heard a rumor that you do like broccoli.

I heard a rumor that you left me alone.

I heard a rumor that you stopped crying.

I heard a rumor that I did it in one take.

I heard a rumor I'm perfect for the role.

I heard a rumor that you love me.

She remembers starting to use her powers on bad people, people that Reginald would tell her to use it on. Then, if she got annoyed enough, she would even use it on Diego, Klaus, and the others. And gradually, Allison began to use her powers for anything she wanted. Using it on directors, Patrick, and even on her own daughter. The devastating memories flowed through her mind, reminding her of each and every time she used it.

"Allison? You're spacing out, you good?" (Y/n) asked the woman driving.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine." Allison lied.

The (h/c) haired girl raised her eyebrow, not buying it at all.

"You know I can clearly see that you're lying, right?" She lowered her words in a soft voice. "What's going on?"

"I just... there's just so much going on right now. We don't even have Five or Diego and the world is supposed to end in less than three days. We didn't even have the time to do or fix things we should be doing if this all fails. But it's not just that, it's..." Allison trailed off, but (Y/n) knew what she was going to say.

"Claire," Allison turned to face her adoptive sister. "I know you used your powers on her. The urge to do it was huge, I can tell. Plus, you haven't used your powers at all since you came home. I pretty much just figured it out."

Allison pursed her lips, deciding on whether or not to tell (Y/n) about what happened or not. Finally she made her choice.

"I did it so many times, some I know I shouldn't have but I just thought it was easier. My whole life, I could just tell anyone what I wanted and I could get it just like that." She started.

The teen next to her nodded her head, following along with what she was saying.

"I abused it so much, I told myself it was okay, and somehow I convinced myself to keep going." A lone tear fell down Allison's cheek.

"My career, my family, my whole life was based on my rumors. Now, I just want the truth, and only the truth."

(Y/n) glanced at her sister one more time then turned back to face the dark and wet road.

"I'm not one for hopeless lies and terrible truths but I do know one thing. We have the truth now, Allison. We'll tell Vanya, get rid of Harold, and then stop this apocalypse. After that," She set her hand on top of Allison's dark skinned one gripping the wheel. "I promise you, we're all gonna go see your daughter, and do whatever we can to help fix it."

Allison's mouth formed into a bleak smile.

"I really hope so."

"Even though we've never been that close, you'll always be like my sister, Allison. I care about you. We'll get through this." (Y/n) comforted her.