Chapter 13 • Dream a Little Dream

❤︎

Guide:
(F/f) - Favorite flavor

❤︎

"So... you were a time traveling assassin?"

"To put it short, yes."

Five set down Delores on a chair then continued to write with chalk on his door as he talked back to (Y/n). She was laying on his bed with her head on top of his pillow and her arms tucked behind her head. Her eyebrows her furrowed as his story filled her mind.

"It explains a lot; the eye, your obsession to stop this apocalypse, and those two masked killers." Five hummed in response at her words.

"Wow... I knew you were stopping this apocalypse to save the world but you really accepted a job to become an time assassin just to get back to us."

For a moment, the boy stopped his writing.

"I had a chance to save you, the others and the world. So I took it."

Five put an emphasis on the word "you" without even knowing it.

"It's sweet. That you're doing all of this for us. And well, the world too." (Y/n) mentioned.

""Sweet"?" Five repeated.

"Yeah. I mean, you could have stayed in the Commission and continued being the best assassin ever, start a new life and everything. But instead you chose to come back here and save us all, even though you knew what would happen if you did." She stated.

Five didn't respond, instead he chose to keep quiet as her words echoed through his mind. Yes, he did come back for his family, to save them all from the destruction of the world ending. But the thing that made he desperate to come back home the most was to see the girl he's missed for so long. But of course, he would never tell anyone that.

"Do you think I'm a bad person?" Questioned Five.

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows. "What? No. Why would I?"

"I've killed people, (Y/n). Killed innocent people just to come back home. Some of them had no idea what they were even doing, but the Commission didn't care about that. They made me into this killer, this... monster."

The girl suddenly sat up in her spot, looking over to the boy. Her face was sad, and her mind went back to when she first told him about her bloodbending powers. She thought she was a monster but he knew she wasn't, just like how she knew he wasn't one either.

"Neither of us asked for what happened to us. It just happened, whether we like it or not. You tell me I'm not a monster for bloodbending and I'm telling you right now that you are not a monster for what they made you become. You're still my Five, always will be."

'I'm her Five. I just wish I could truly be hers completely.' Five thought in his head.

There was no response from him so the two of them were just sitting in this awkward, long silence until he broke it.

"Thank you." Five told her. And it actually was genuine.

He thanked her for not judging him, for not leaving him after the all the things that had already experienced. He thanked her for not giving up on him. There were so many things he wanted to thank her for, but those two words was the only thing he could say at that moment.