18

Play song in background if you'd like

I woke early in the morning in Bakuguo's arms. After I fell back asleep I didn't have a single nightmare. Once I was awake I snaked out of his arms and went to the kitchen. In my mind I regretted sleeping in the same bed as him. It felt like I was betraying Shoto.

Not too long after I woke up Bakuguo did as well. He came to the kitchen. He looked outside to see the sun was about to rise. He grabbed my hand telling me he had an idea.

Bakuguo and I were soon sitting on the roof of his house watching the sunrise. Talking about funny old stories of our lives. I gotta say Bakuguo sure has had an interesting life.

"So Bakuguo if I may asked. Why do you have such bad anger issues?" I said while laughed. Bakuguo just made a "Tch" noise and rolled his eyes. This made me laugh more.

"I don't know probably my old hag." He said. We talked for a few more minutes about random stuff, then silence seemed to take over. After awhile Bakuguo broke it.

"So I gotta question." I turned to him. Showing I as listening.

"Last night after we went to bed again, I had a dream. I was granted one wish, and it could be for anything." He said. I was now intrigued. I leaned in a little closer.

"What did you wish for?" I asked.

"I didn't. I woke up before I could wish for anything." I was slightly disappointed since I wanted an answer.

"Well what would you have wished for?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. I guess I could ask for money or something. Maybe wish to be the number one pro hero."

"Sounds like you Bakuguo." I giggled.

"Hey!" He play punched my arm as he laughed. "Well anyways, I was gonna ask what would you wish for if you were granted a wish?"

My face fell flat for a moment, then I turned my face out to the city. I thought about my answer for awhile. One wish, but it could be anything. That's a hard choice to make. In the end I knew my answer.

"If I'm being honest I wouldn't wish for much." This caught Bakuguo's attention. He was now listening very closely.

"I would simply wish for one more day with Shoto."

I didn't look to see Bakuguo's reaction. Instead I stayed looking out at the city. I was scared to see how he would react. After a minute the tension was killing me, so I turned to look at him. I wasn't excepting what I saw.

Bakuguo was smiling at me. When I looked to him he looked out to the city.

"Yeah, that would be a good wish. Well if I may ask, what would you do with him for that day?"

I thought about my answer for a minute. This was something I tried to not think about often, but I gotta say. It felt nice to think about seeing him again.

"Well the first thing I would do is pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dream. Then I'd run up and hug him. Immediately after I would shut off my phone. I'd throw it on the couch and not look at it for the rest of the day."

"Then I'd hug him again. I would say I love you too many times to count. We'd sit on the couch together and hold each other. I'd tell him everything I never got to."

"Like what?" Bakuguo asked.

"Stuff like how much I love him, and I would finally get to tell him yes."

"Yes to what?"

"Yes to marrying him. I'd also say I do. Since I'd only get to be with him for one day. I'd talk about all the things I still want to do with him, and what I want to name our kids. I'd talk about the rest of our lives as if he wouldn't leave again."

"We'd dance to all our favorite dances in the living room, and watch our favorite movies. As the day began to turn to night, we'd go up to the roof. We hold each other as we watched the sunset together once again. Then we'd go to bed together. Feeling the warmth of each other."

"Hm that sounds great," Bakuguo said. I turned to him.

"Yeah it does, but on second thought maybe I wouldn't wish for that."

"Why's that?"

"Because if I did, then I'd just wanna wish for another day. And I don't know if I could stand waking up the next day without him there."

"Yeah you've got a point there, but I think I would wish for the same thing. But all I'd want to do is tell him I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the times I didn't seem like I cared. I'd want to tell him I always cared, and always thought he was a great friend. And give him a hug."

I leaned over and hugged Bakuguo.

"Shoto always thought you were a great friend. I just know it."

"Hm, thanks nerd. I hope so, but I gotta ask," he began, "why wouldn't you just wish to spend the rest of your lives together again?"

I didn't say anything at first. I simply closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

"I guess because it seems that's too much to ask for. I had that in the first place, and the universe took it from me. I feel they would find it selfish for me to ask for it back."

I smiled then, with Bakuguo's hand still around me. He didn't say anything. Probably for he didn't have the right words, but that was okay. I felt whole in the moment, like everything was as it should be.