𝐢𝐯. 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠-𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆-𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋

𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆-𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒘𝒐 - 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐

Julie was exhausted.

She had spent a long and boring day at school, thinking about the three ghosts who were now living in her garage. Not only could she not talk to Flynn about it, because she would think she was crazy, but she had also got rejected from rejoining the music program. Fortunately, Faith had texted her saying she'd come over and help her.

Hopping down the stairs, Julie had a soft smile on her face as she strolled into the kitchen, planning to grab some snacks for when Faith came over. Holding in a scream, Julie stumbled over her steps as she was startled by the sight of Luke in her kitchen, staring into the fridge.

"God, I'll never get used to that." she muttered, dragging her feet to peer over his shoulder into the bright fridge, filled with all kind of different foods. "Can you guys even eat?" when Luke shook his head, Julie closed the fridge door on him, which went right through him, and walked away to grab herself a glass of juice, which made Luke pout.

"Hey! Do you know how long it took me to open that?" Julie scoffed.

"I don't believe in wasting energy."

"Good. Because I wanted to talk to you about that." Luke walked to where Julie stood, leaning against the counter, wearing a sleeveless vest and some skinny black jeans. "About the power you and Faith both have. Your voice and piano playing skills, and Faith's lyrics. You're both like human wrecking balls!"

As if summoned by the mention of her name, Faith turned around the corner, giving a small wave to Julie and the ghost singer. "Your dad let me in." she directed to Julie, sitting on the stool as she glanced at Luke through her eyelashes. "And what's this about my lyrics?" Luke suddenly paled, scratching the back of his neck, before pulling her notebook from behind his back.

"Me, Reggie and Alex may or may not have read the notebook you told us not to read..." he trailed off, noticing the look of anger that grew on her face. "But I don't know why you hid it, your lyrics are mindblowing! You have the power to move people, to knock them off their feet."

"I told you not to read that! That was your only rule, and you broke it." she frowned, glaring at him. Normally she wouldn't have a problem with sharing her lyrics, but that notebook had some personal ones she didn't want to share. "Give it back." Faith stood up and reached out to grab the notebook from his grasp, but Luke disappeared, reappearing on the other side of the kitchen.

"Look, Julie back me up here." Luke flickered the pages open before landing on one, jogging away from Faith who tried to chase him down. "you drew stars around my scars, but now i'm bleeding-" his voice fell short as Faith snatched the notebook from his hands and held it for dear life against her chest, glaring at Luke one more time before sitting down once again.

"I can't believe you broke my boundaries." Faith muttered.

"I hate to agree with Luke here," Luke threw Julie an offended look. "but he's right. Your lyrics are really good!" Julie pushed her glasses up the crook of her nose, as Luke clapped at her and grinned.

"You see? And look, I have a plan." holding his hand out, Faith rolled her eyes but reluctantly gave Luke her notebook once again, blushing under his intense eyes. "This song here you wrote Faith, called Bright, would be amazing to help Julie get back into the music program." Julie shook her head, pouting.

"I already asked my teachers. I have to wait until next semester to get back in."

"That was your first mistake; asking." Luke scoffed, hopping on and sitting on the counter next to Faith, their shoulders just inches apart. "You have to go into ambush mode. We booked gigs by doing, not asking. With Faith's help, just swing that wrecking ball of talent and make them take you back in the program."

Julie and Faith glanced at each other, slightly unconvinced, before Julie offered Faith a piece of chocolate. "Learn from me. Your tainted hotdog could be right around the corner." Faith looked back down at the chocolate, shaking her head. Julie glanced at Faith, raising her eyebrow.

"Would you be alright with me singing Bright?"

"Of course! Look, these are the lyrics." Faith ripped the page of the specific song out of her notebook, as Luke peered over her shoulder, singing along with Faith as he picked up the melody. "And rise through the night, you and I, we will fight to shine together, bright forever."

"Thanks, Faith." Julie said, reading over the lyrics. "Imma go rehearse. See you tomorrow?" Faith gave her two thumbs up, and watched Julie as she waved them goodbye and climbed the stairs two by two. Gulping, she realised she had been left alone with Luke, who was already staring at her with a soft grin.

"You shouldn't have read my notebook, I explicitly told you not to." Faith finally mustered, crossing her arms over her chest. Luke stood next to her, looking slightly down as he was a head taller.

"I know, and I'm sorry for crossing boundaries. But..." he trailed off, adjusting his shirt. "Well, I'm not really sorry. I found out that you're an extremely talented songwriter. Hey, maybe one day we can write a song together for the band?" flustered, Faith blanked, not realising what she was agreeing.

"O-oh, sure!" but his grin was worth it. It lit up his face, and pure happiness and bliss was written in his caramel eyes that kept staring at her with such intensity, it made her cheeks heat up. Biting his bottom lip, he gave a small smile.

"Thanks, Fay."

thank you so much for 1K! hope you're enjoying the storyI understand this is a SUCKY chapter bc it's so short and it's mostly a filler, I'm not happy with how I wrote it but oh wellThe show must go on I'm so excited for the plot of this story y'al...

I understand this is a SUCKY chapter bc it's so short and it's mostly a filler, I'm not happy with how I wrote it but oh well
The show must go on
I'm so excited for the plot of this story y'all are gonna scream in your seats, get ready for a rollercoaster of emotions and drama