𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧: 𝘭𝘶𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 )

𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐂

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 - 𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚

The ghosts had been avoiding Faith, and she knew it.

It was understandable. They didn't want to involve her in such a messy fate, especially since it included her father. And while Faith wish she never had to see Caleb Covington again, it was obvious that this problem, in which the ghost band might cease to exist all together, wasn't going away anytime soon. And she couldn't just sit around and wait. But she had no idea where they were. Not even Lorelai knew. 

"Hey! Have you seen the boys lately?" Julie asked, joining Faith as they walked down the busy halls of one of LA's high schools.

Faith cleared her throat, chuckling nervously. "Not really. They're probably doing...ghost stuff." 

Julie nodded, slightly unconvinced, but didn't press the matter any further. "So I guess that means you and Luke haven't talked since he sang that song about you and Jessie?" 

"Well...I avoided him at first and I think he's avoiding me now." Faith paused, exhaling softly before shrugging. "It's fine, I guess. At the end of the day, what could ever happen between us? He's air..."

Julie gave her a sad smile. "But he's more than that to you, isn't he? It's like, every time you're together, there's this deep connection that I can't quite understand." Faith tilted her head in agreement. "Besides, I think we've made it quite clear that actual boys that are currently alive are shit."

"I mean you're not wrong, but I thought you and Nick had something? What did he do?" Julie sighed at Faith's worried look.

"Nothing! That's the thing. He broke up with Carrie a while ago, and I thought we might have something but he hasn't made any move." Faith squeezed Julie's hand in comfort. "It doesn't matter anyways. I actually wanted to give you this song. I found it in Luke's notebook. It's about his mom, I think? Just thought it might bring you two together, somehow."

Faith grabbed the folded paper from Julie's hand, slightly confused as she opened it. "Thanks? And you'll see how everything between you and Nick will sort itself out."

Julie nodded, mouthing a 'thank you' before jogging away, quickly entering her next class. Faith remained in the middle of the hallway, her eyes reading the messy handwriting on the paper. Biting down her lip, she sighed, looking down the hallway. Couldn't hurt to try and connect with Luke over shared pain, right?

∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎

Faith approached the quiet, red-bricked house, rubbing her palms nervously on her jeans. This was it. Luke's parents' house. Inhaling deeply, she went to press the doorbell, but before she could, a certain ghost poofed next to her. She gasped, seeing Luke's surprised look. "Fay? What are you doing here?"

"Geez, Luke, you nearly scared the crap out of me." She tried to smile, but Luke frowned at her. Faith cleared her throat nervously. "Well, you see... Julie showed me this house when it was your birthday last month, and-"

"For someone who always goes on and on about respecting someone's privacy, it doesn't seem to apply to you, does it?" Faith winced at his harsh tone.

"I know, it was wrong of me and I'm truly sorry." she paused uncertain when Luke kept quiet, staring at her with no flicker of emotion to warn Faith of what was going through his mind. "You've been avoiding me."

Luke clenched his jaw, moving away his gaze. "Well, here I am. What did you want to talk about?"

Faith looked down sadly, pressing her lips together. "I understand, you know? How it feels like to not be able to talk to someone, tell them how you truly fear. I know my father is the biggest asshole in the world, but when he died, I had so many things I never got to say."

Luke licked his lips unsure. "I don't even know what I would say if she could hear me."

"But you do." Luke frowned confused, a look of understanding flashing across his face as he recognised the piece of paper in Faith's hand. Hesitating, he rang the doorbell as Faith straightened her posture. A few seconds of silence passed before the red painted door swung open, revealing an elder man with a tired frown. His confused gaze that hid behind his glasses stopped on Faith. "Hi, I'm Faith Archard? Uhm, you had a son named Luke, right? His band used to play in my friend's garage, and I came across one of his songs..."

A flash of understanding crossed the man's face as Faith showed him the piece of paper she gripped onto tightly. "Uhm...please, come in. I'm Mitch."

"Nice to meet you." Faith smiled as she walked inside, Luke following inside before she closed the door. Her eyes observed the room, stopping slightly at the photographs of a younger Luke that were framed on top of the fireplace. 

"I heard the doorbell?" Faith looked up to watch the woman who had just spoken enter the room, standing near the doorbell as she watched Faith wearily.

"Yes, hon. This is Faith." Faith lifted her hand to greet Emily. "She found this song in her friend's garage where Luke's band used to rehearse." Emily's face turned vulnerable as Faith handed her the song, and the couple huddled closer as they read the lyrics. Faith watched them, glancing back at a tear-stricken Luke, who softly sang the lyrics under his breath.

"and the words i most regret are the ones i never meant to leave, unsaid emily"

A tear slowly trickled down Faith's face as Mitch looked up, his bottom lip trembling as he nodded in gratefulness to the teenage girl, unaware of his son standing behind her. "Y-you have no idea..." Faith nodded as he sniffled, unable to continue.

"Me and my friend write music in the same room he did and you can still feel the happiness in there. He had a true talent, he lived and breathed music...not many people find that, but Luke did."

Emily smiled through tears, squeezing Faith's hands in comfort. "Thank you so, so much. It was so nice to see you."

Glancing back, Faith realised that Luke was no longer there.

so sorry for taking so long to update! i'm crammed with exams and essays, but luckily only one more week until christmas break!

also, omg, taylor swift's new album EVERMORE!!! i love it so much! what are your first listen faves?

mine are willow, champagne problems, ivy, gold rush, no body no crime, and long story short!