𝐱𝐱. 𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝐖𝐄'𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 - 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒍

Faith followed Julie with her eyes as the curly haired girl pace around her studio as Lorelai layed on the couch, swinging her feet in boredom. The trio were impatiently awaiting for the three ghosts to return from the Orpheum. The plan was for them to ghost themselves in, invisible to human eyes, and get the manager to call them to play at the Orpheum some time soon. It wasn't long before the ghosts returned, making Julie launch into a ball of nerves.

"Oh my god guys, what took you so long? Did you manage it? Did Willie do it? Did they like our music? Are we playing? Why is no one talking?" Julie rambled on, shaking her arms in the air as they all stared at her, waiting for her to calm down before speaking.

Faith rested a comforting hand on Julie's shoulder. "I'm sure they'll answer as soon as you calm down. Here, take a seat." Julie did as she was told.

"You should be getting a call right about...now!" Alex exclaimed, pointing his finger at Julie's phone, which lay on the coffee table, facing the sky. The five stared at the phone expectantly as an awkward silence dropped like a blanket covering them.

Faith raised her eyes unimpressed. "Wow, real intuitive Alex." 

Alex glared at her before trying once again. This time, the phone did start ringing, an unknown dialler shining on the screen. They all jumped up, cheering as Alex and Reggie high-fived. "Nailed it!"

Julie picked up the phone, putting it on speaker before clearing her throat. "Hello?"

"This is Tasha from the Orpheum in Hollywood. Is this Julie from Julie and the Phantoms?" the group of six started to dance and celebrate quietly. Once Julie answered that she indeed was Julie, the other side of the phone call added "Are you available to open for us tonight?"

Lorelai hugged Reggie, kissing him passionately before  cheering loudly, Reggie's blush going unnoticed by the redhead as he softly touched his lips before smiling softly. "You guys are playing the Orpheum! This is mindblowing! I know actual celebrities."

The ghost band smirked, pushing their chests outs as Faith rolled her eyes, grinning. Accompanied by Julie, the two living girls left the studio, going to prepare themselves for the night, leaving the four ghosts. Luke and Alex moved away, uniterested as they went to talk in a corner, leaving Reggie and Lorelai alone. Suddenly realising that she had kissed him before, the redhead blushed, avoiding his curious gaze.

Not having the words to express his sorrow about having to leave Lorelai behind, he grabbed her hand, interlinking their fingers. Lorelai looked up, and smiled at him. She had never felt that sudden feeling, not even when she had a heartbeat. Reggie made her feel . . . alive.

"I'll miss you." she broke the silence with the words the two of them had been afraid to say. But if she didn't say them now, then they wouldn't have the chance. 

Reggie tried to grin, but in reality, he was scared. What if, when him and his bandmates crossed over, they weren't together? They were his family, he couldn't do it without them. And now he had gained a new person his heart ached for. How would he miss that warm feeling of her lips on his. "Why don't you cross over too-"

Lorelai didn't allow him to finish the thought as she shook her head. "Faith needs me." silence fell over the two. This was it. "And even if I wanted to, don't you think I've tried? I don't know what my unfinished business is." 

Reggie hesitated. If Lorelai didn't know, how was he supposed to know? "We'll meet again. Somewhere, somehow. I promise you, Lor."

Lorelai pressed her lips to his for a fleeting moment. Whatever happened, Reggie knew that even if Caleb destroyed him and his friends, he wouldn't cease to exist. Because the memory of him would forever find itself in Lorelai's heart. 

And that was enough.

∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎

"Luke, can I speak to you?"

Luke looked up, excusing himself from the conversation he was having with Alex and Reggie before joining Faith near the entrance of the Molina's garage studio. They both stood close to each other as they stared, Faith tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Luke chuckled. "What?"

"In case I don't . . . " Faith stammered, slightly hesitating before looking down at her hands. Luke wished he could put his thumb under her chin and make her look at him with those brown eyes he had learnt to love, and had memorised the flickers of gold in them. But he couldn't. "In case we don't get to talk again, I wanted to get something off my chest or I would regret it."

Luke softly smiled, digging his hands into his cream jacket, rose blush painted on his cheeks. "Fay, you make it so hard to have to leave you."

"Glad to know you care." Faith laughed, shaking her head. 

"Of course I do. I care so much about you."

It was Faith's turn to blush. They attempted once again to hold hands, and while they passed right through, instead of moving away, Faith kept her hand there. 

"I care too, Luke. And it breaks my heart."

They kept close to each other for a few minutes more before Faith had to leave, on her way to the Orpheum. Stepping outside, she only took a few steps before her vision darkened. 

"What the-" she attempted to grab whatever was on her face before a sharp jolt made her knees buckle under her, making her tears swim in her eyes. 

That was the last thing she remembered before her eyes fluttered shut.

so i added a lorelai + reggie scene because they deserve it

what do you think happened at the end?

also i finished watching dash & lily and I'M IN LOVE they are so darn cute i so wanna write a fanfic about dash because there is none on wattpad, i mean wtf