𝐱. 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

𝐓𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 - 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒚𝒘𝒐𝒐𝒅

"That's Faith's father."

As soon as those three words spilled from Alex's lips, there was nothing he could do to take them back. A brick of guilt hit the three boys by just being in the same place, by defying their friend's trust in them. Faith had made it pretty clear that her relationship with her father before his ultimate death and never been crystal perfect. The trio going behind her back and asking him for help felt wrong. 

But surely Faith wouldn't mind if it meant they could be seen by everyone?

Luke smiled at the thought of being able to be seen with Faith next to him. A glimmer of hope of the chance of the two...Luke shook his head. That was only a dream, but what was the chance? Yet he couldn't help his feelings, could he?

"I don't know about this..." Alex trailed off unsurely, leaning on the banister as the trio looked down to the bottom floor. The dancefloor was packed with sparkely dresses and dark suits that swung around, enjoying the music and the live chatter. "We should talk to Faith about this before talking to her father." 

Luke's heart clenched inside his chest and the mention of Faith. Yet he ignored the feeling; it wasn't the time to think about the brown-eyed girl. "No. Bobby needs to pay for what he did to us." Luke paused, not convincing the other two. "Faith will understand." 

"Will she?" Reggie asked doubtfully, and no one answered. After a few moments, they followed Willie down the stairs, their eyes darting everywhere to capture the environment. 

"There are lifers here, but this is an exclusive crowd." Willie explained, glancing at Alex. "Everyone had paid to get a taste of the afterlife."

"Rich people have such weird taste." Reggie muttered. A waiter guided them towards their table, and the four boys sat down on the silver, metallic chairs, leaning on the white cloth of the table. "So, who's gonna make us visible so we can confront our old bandmate?"