Day 11 - Smile For the Camera!

"Mommy! I don't want my picture taken!"

"Bobby, stop whining! You need new professional shots. This was the only photographer that'd take us on such short notice."

"But mommy, he's scary!"

"What are you talking about? How is he creepy?"

The appearance of Mr. Wayne the photographer were very different for mom and son. Mom saw a normal man, greyed out with thick round glasses. Bobby saw a man with an abnormally wide mouth and eyes. His smile was something out of a nightmare. A nightmare he was sure to have tonight.

Bobby stopped walking as they got closer.

"Bobby, stop this! You have to get these photos taken. We have an audition tomorrow!" She dragged him into position. "I'm sorry, he's normally very excited when he gets his pictures taken."

"No worries." Mr. Wayne's smile sends shivers down Bobby's back.

"Alright little Bobby, say cheese!"

Still scared, he decided to act professional and smiled. The flash was bright and blinding. When his eyesight did return, he noticed a crowded room. Other children filled it, staring at him. "Who–who are you? Where's my mommy?"

Multiple kids spoke to him.

"You let Mr. Wayne take your picture. He like taking pictures of us."

"Once he snapped the picture, he took your soul."

"What? No!" Bobby panicked.

"Your mommy's not here. None of our mommy's are. Our parents are gone."

"We're your family now." Mr. Wayne giggled as he snapped another picture of Bobby looking petrified.

"What—what am I doing here?"

"Ah yes, you were going to get your picture taken, but you changed your mind."

"That's strange. I don't remember. My mind seems to be a bit foggy. Sorry for the trouble."

"No problem."

"Oh wait, do you take photos of kids?"

"Why yes I do. Kids are actually my specialty."

"Great, I have a daughter who would love having her photos take . I can bring her this weekend?"

He smiles, "Perfect."