Day 22 - Blind Date.

"He's not here yet."

"10 minutes, he's 10 minutes late."

"You honestly think that's okay? It's a first date. I would never be this late on a first date. I don't even know him or what he looks like, he's your friend."

"Yeah well, if he stands me up, I'm blocking you for a week." I hang up with my friend and down half my beer.

Now 30 minutes late, I get up to leave only to have a guy stop me in the parking lot.

He as completely filthy. Like he's been playing around in dirt for hours.

"Are you Samantha? I'm so sorry I'm late. I got tied up."

"Oh. Well I've already eaten, so it was nice to meet you Derek, wasn't it?"

"Wait." He says but he's not looking at me. He's looking at the moon.

The full moon.

I groaned, "I knew it. I thought your dirty appearance was the cause of your stench, but it isn't. Because the smell of a werewolf is 10 times stronger."

"You—how did you know— wait, you don't like werewolves?"

"My last boyfriend was a werewolf. I tried to make things work, but he was too hung up over his ex. Who, get this, was in love with a vampire. Instead of just ending things and being honest, he led me on for almost a year. It almost broke me."

"I'm sorry. For the record, I've been single for a year and I hate my ex's guts."

I sighed, "Tell you what, we can try again tomorrow night. The moons waning gibbous, so you should be okay."

"Great. See you tomorrow."

"Make sure you're clean this time."

"Samantha?" He stopped me as I was about to shit my car door.

"How did you know I was a werewolf by smell? You're a human."

I smirk, "Who said I was human?"

His mouth dropped.

"Night." I cranked my car and drove off into the night leaving him dazed and confused.