Day 27 - Should I Stay or Should I Go?

"Is that you?"

I look over at the boy beside me. "Yes. I died about five minutes ago."

"Why are you still here?"

"Because my fate is still undecided. I... I can go back."

"Wait seriously?!"

I nod. "I don't have much time to decide."

"To decide if you want to die or not? You can't be serious? You have a chance to live again. Do you have any idea how lucky you are?"

"My life is an utter mess. My dad exist, but he doesn't. My mom... doesn't even care. They couldn't even contact her to tell her what happened to me.  What am I really going back to?"

"What did happen to you? How did you die?"

"I was riding home on my bike and was hit by a car.  And then said car drove off. Pretty sure they didn't even bother to dial 911. I laid there for almost a half hour before a car passed and saw me."

"Want to know what happened to me?"

I paused so he continued.

"Her boyfriend, who's 10 times bigger than me, was roughing her up again. I stepped in front of her and he shot me. As I laid on the floor in a pool of my blood, my mother cradled me in her arms. Crying, screaming. He then snot himself in the head. I died soon after."

"I'm sorry."

"I didn't get this second chance. My life sounds just like yours. Absentee father, distance mother. But I'd give anything to live again, just to see my mother's smile."

He sighs and walks to the door, "So, you're gonna stay, or go?"

I looked back at my still body and smiled. I held my hand and smiled back at the boy. "Thank you." I cried.

He winked at me and disappeared through the door.