Day 13 - Pain.

Your life is simpler than mine. Don't think so? My entire existence depends on the pain of others. It feeds me, it gives me energy. Without it I'll grow weak and die. It must be a curse or punishment. But why? What did I do in this world to deserve this? I've been surviving off pain since I was a baby. Possibly the reason why parents gave me up for adoption at 6 months. It definitely explains why I'll never find happiness.

"Excuse me?"

I look up from the book I wasn't paying attention to, to see a pretty blonde staring down at me.

"Yes?"

"Hi, are you Kyle Bridges?"

"I could be, and you are?"

"Miranda. Lions."

"Okay. How can I help you Miranda Lions?"

She moves to sit next to me on the sofa. Her blue eyes pierced mine. "Our mutual friend Kevin thought we should meet."

"Kevin Carson?"

"The very same."

"Why?"

"He thought I could help you with your little problem." She whispered.

"What pro— wait you're not talking out—I'm going to kill him."

There's only a handful of people who know about my curse. My adoptive parents, my biological parents, and my best friend Kevin.

"Listen, I don't know what he told you but I—

"I have a pain problem too."

I cocked my head, "How so?"

"I was born with CIPA."

"CIPA?"

"Congenital Insensitivity to Pain. I can't feel it, at all."

"Wow." Was all I was able to utter.

"I befriended Kevin at Yoga."

"Kevin does yoga?" I wanted to chuckle, but I didn't want to offend her.

"He accidentally cut me and noticed it immediately when I didn't. He asked, I shared, and then he told me about you."

"Why would he do that?"

Miranda looked around before me pulling me off the sofa and into a unisex restroom. She locked the door and turned to me. "Like I said, I wanted to help you." She pulls a knife out and hands it to me.

"You want me to hurt you?!?"

She smiles and nods, "I barely scar so don't worry about that. Not feeling pain makes you want to... at any means possible." She stretches out her arm and walks closer. "What do you say?"

I carefully take the knife and press down on her skin.