Part 16

Our quintet was driving to Niagra falls and Rin took the opportunity to start their alternative schooling. After a while, Ben started to get frustrated causing him to say, "AGGH! Why will I EVER need the Pythagorean theorem? This will NEVER help us in real life."

"Ben, this is one of the things that the public school system got right and because of that I'm also going to have to teach you this," Rin said.

"But how will it help us in the real world?" Ben asked.

"Can I explain this one Rin?" Gwen asked.

"You can but he'll probably ignore you," Rin said.

"The Pythagorean Theorem can be used to find shorter distances to locations allowing you to get there faster," Gwen said.

"But how will I use it?" Ben asked.

"Say that you transformed into Stinkfly and you're flying home. You've been flying for five minutes and your house is 40 miles to the west and 30 miles south. if you follow the directions exactly you will fly for 70 miles and you'll time out and go splat on the ground." Rin said, "But if you follow the hypotenuse you will only fly for 50 miles and you have a much better chance of making it and surviving."

"Oh, I get it now," Ben said as he got back to work.

After Ben started to get a better understanding of the work he started working extremely fast much the same as Gwen and they were able to get a week's worth of work done in three hours. They were about to tell Rin they were done with the week's work Max said, "Alright we're here you two can finish today's work later."

"But grandpa, we finished all the work for this week in the three hours it took us to get here," Gwen said.

When Rin heard that he turned with such a speed that Ben thought his neck could have been broken and he said, "WHAAAT? YOU'RE FINISHED!! I THOUGHT IT WOULD ACTUALLY TAKE A WEEK!!!"

Because of all the yelling Hope woke up from her nap and asked groggily, "Why are you idiots yelling?"

"They finished a week's worth of advanced schoolwork in 3 hours!" Rin said.

"That reminds me." Ben said, "Why doesn't Hope have to do any work?!"

"That's because she got her GED early as I did. That's also the whole point of my alternate schooling." Rin explained.

They all got out of the Rustbucket and then walked over to a ferry station.

"Five tickets please," Max said to the clerk.

"That will be 82 dollars." The clerk said bored out of their mind.

The group put in raincoats they got from the Rustbucket and got onto the ferry. Gwen, Max, and Hope were leaning on the ferry's railing while Ben and Rin were on a nearby bench looking at their watches and turning the dials randomly. They passed under a large part of the waterfall prompting Max to say, "Ahh, Is there anything more amazing and attention-grabbing than the beauty of Niagra Falls?"

"I don't know. Try asking those two." Hope said pointing towards RIn and Ben.

Ben used a certain combination on the Omnitrix without knowing it, the Omnitrix started spinning its core and alien silhouettes flashed by rapidly.

"Maybe I just had an upgrade?" Ben said as he turned into Upgrade.

Ben looked at his hands and said, "How did I do that? I didn't even touch it, unless."

Ben proceeded to cycle through aliens such as Heatblast, Diamondhead, and Wildmutt. He ran to where Max was and stuck his tongue out and held his head over the guard rail, but some older man saw him when asking Max to take a picture, shocking him into tripping over the railing.BEn transformed into Stinkfly and flew down to catch the man.