Musings 1

People say daytime is the time when you should sparkle just as bright as the sparkling sunshine above your head. They say be your best when it's the light you see, cause others can see your radiance. So, smile as you walk, keep your head up, your spine straight...blah..blah. The same people also say nights are for the lost souls. The ones who are forever stuck in an endless loop within themselves, constantly fighting a battle of brutal dominance. They say, feel free to express yourself when it's dark, for no one can see your weakness. No one can see your pain, no one can see your tears, and thus no one can ever judge you. That is how late night 2 AM conversations became famous. Right, isn't it? Cause people let out their deepest, darkest secrets when the stars are the only thing lighting up the night sky.
But why have we confined ourselves to this notion? Why can't we share our thoughts in the daytime? Why have we romanticized the idea of only letting out your true self when it's dark, and why are we still romanticizing it? Some might say it's about the comfort one finds in silence of the night, that brings out the emotions. But isn't that same silence found when the sun is just about to rise from the horizon. Isn't the beauty of the sky lighting up in yellow and orange and purple just as spellbinding as the one when the stars twinkle bright and the moon shines as desolate as ever? There is nothing wrong with late-night conversations. But there is everything wrong with them if we can only be ourselves while having them. Relationships today don't last long. Maybe because we believe that if we are able to have late-night conversations then only it could be the perfect one. But no. Try to find the comfort of late-night conversations into some daytime stories. Let go of all your inhibitions and be just as free as you are in the comfort of the night. Be yourself all day, all night. So that you don't need only late-night conversations to say what you feel, you can just say it wherever, whenever you want.