iii.

"AH, IT'S AWFULLY WARM FOR FALL, ISN'T IT?"

Sakura murmurs, peering up at the uniquely azure sky, that only has a few tufts of wispy clouds trailing against it's vast canvas.

Yachi nods, her gaze following the brunette's, her eyes slightly watering from the blinding sun. "Yes, but the breeze is nice...!" Yachi smiles adorably, two small dimples appearing on her cheeks. "I like it! The cold is... brrrrr...!" She fakes an exaggerated shiver.

Sakura smiles at her blonde friend, nudging her slightly with a small giggle. "Hey, there's an ice cream shop nearby, want to get some...? I heard it's really good!" The brunette practically drools at the thought of an icy sweet on a warm day.

"Duh! Why would you even ask if I want ice cream?" Like a small child, Yachi runs ahead, pumping her small fist in the air excitedly. Evidently, on her excursion to the ice cream shop, being the klutz she is, she trips over someone's foot and her butt meets the concrete. "Ouch!" She yelps, blinking up at the wall she collided with.

It's a tall boy, with short blonde hair and thick-rimmed spectacles perched on his nose. He looks a little angry, and the sight of him slightly frightens poor Yachi. "Ah! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me, I didn't mean to bump into you...!"

The blonde looks down at her, as he's considerably taller than her and stands at around 6'2. "Whatever." He mumbles, slightly glaring at the two girls as he puts his headphones back over his ears. His eyes meet with Sakura's, she furrows her brows a bit at his rude attitude, but gives him a weak smile nonetheless, nodding in acknowledgement. The tall boy only averts his gaze from the girl as his tall frame brushes past her.

"What's his problem?" Yachi says, her lips drooping into a frown as a huff escapes her lips. "It was an accident and I said sorry!" The small blonde straightens the blue beaded tie in her hair, then brushes off her yellow skirt that has sunflowers embroidered into it.

In a most mature manner, Hitoka sticks out her tongue at the boy who soon disappears around the corner.

"Don't let him get to you, I'm sure he's just having a bad day... now let's go get that ice cream, okay?" Sakura advises with a small smile, linking her arms with her friends. "And besides, maybe you should look where your going sometimes, Hitoka?"

Yachi shakes her head, her short golden locks swishing with the movement. "He should look where he's going! Also, how am I going to meet my soulmate if I don't accidentally bump into him? Hm?" She hums.

The brunette nods her head knowingly. "You're not wrong, maybe I should start "accidentally" bumping into guys." Sakura teases, nudging her best friend a little.

"You see?" Yachi exclaims. "That's exactly why I ran into him. Potential soulmate. He was kinda rude though...!"

"Ah yes." The prior muses sarcastically, smiling softly. "That's exactly why you bumped into him."

"Absolutely right!" Yachi says, smiling goofily at her brown-eyes friend.

Yachi and Sakura have been friends for as long as either of them can remember. Ever since their first day of kindergarten, their similar personalities attracted them to each other like magnets, and the rest is history. There's no a single thing that the other doesn't know about each other, not a single secret is kept between the two girls. They're two peas in a pods, inseparable with a bond that not even the strongest force could break. Hitoka has always been there for Ito, and vice versa.

"Hey, Sakura?" Hitoka asks, looking to the side at the dresses in the store windows. "You were talking to this boy yesterday... by the vending machine." A suggestive smile plays on her lips. "And~ he bought you a drink!"

The brown-eyed girl slightly jolts as she turns to look at her friends, a frown on her face. "Yeah? And? I kinda accused him of kidnapping my cat, then he spilled his meat buns so... I repaid him for the meat buns that were ruined. He thought I went overboard and got me a drink from the vending machine. End of story." She says promptly, an image of Kageyama floating in her head. She smiles a little, remembering his awkward and stoic antics.

"He looks intimidating, I don't know how you talked to him so casually." Yachi asks, poking her arm a little.

The two of them walk into the cool ice-cream shop, the little bell above the door tinkling. "Really? I didn't think so." Sakura hums as she looks at the array of icy sweets through the glass. "What're you getting?"

"Hey missy! Don't change the subject so fast!" The smaller blonde scolds, wagging her finger at Sakura.

"I'm not... I'm just talking about more important matters here." Sakura says, tapping her finger on chin thoughtfully. "Now, what're you getting?"

Yachi sighs and looks down at the various flavors, biting her lip a little. "Mmmh... Strawberry shortcake!"

"Ah, wise choice." The prior agrees, nodding her head slowly as if she just found out the secret to the universe. "But I'll be getting the chocolate. Classic and sweet."

"Tch." Yachi huffs dramatically. "Classic is just another word for bore-ing!"

As the two girls bicker playfully, the bell behind them chimes once more, causing them to avert their gaze to the glass door behind them. Sakura's eyes slightly widen at the sight of who walks in.

The tall blonde from earlier, he walks through the doors with a dull expression etched on his features. He blinks owlishly when he sees the two familiar girls standing at the cash register, and he makes a small 'tch' sound with his mouth.

Trying not to roll her eyes at him, Sakura smiles softly and waves a bit at him in acknowledgment, then turns back around to face her friend.

"What can I get you ladies?" The young woman at the counter asks, smiling at them kindly.

Sakura smiles back, side-eyeing the taller blonde. "Two large ice creams please, one chocolate and one strawberry shortcake."

a/n
short filler chapter, sorry fam!