xxiii.

KARASUNO HAD MADE IT TO THE FIRST ROUND OF THE MYAGI PREFECTURE PLAYOFFS.

Today, they go against Johenzji High, a team that seemed to have a little too fun playing volleyball.

Sakura sits down next to Kyoko in one of the folding chairs, glancing over at the other team who appears to be messing around. Their team captain, Yuji Terushima, sends a suggestive wink towards the two girls. Kyoko simply ignores it, but a blush grows on Sakura's face as she looks down at her feet that shuffle around nervously. For some odd reason, her mind flashes to Tobio, causing her to look up and see him practicing sets to Hinata. His hair flounces as he jumps up into the air, perspiration flying off his face and his shirt slightly lifting to reveal lean abs. This, and the butterflies that flutter within, only cause her blush to deepen tenfold, as she glances to the side to avert her gaze. She bites her soft, pink lips and fiddles with her hands a little.

Kyoko notices this behavior, and smiles at the brunette endearingly. "Ito, are you blushing at Kageyama?" She whispers, leaning next to Sakura a little.

The younger girl jolts in her seat, eyes widening to the size of saucers. "Wh-what? N-no!" She stammers, shaking her head relentlessly. "Why... why would you think that...?" Her voice trails off a little as Tobio comes to mind. Lately, she hasn't been able to get him off of her mind. The way he stumbles over his words when he's flustered, how he acts all serious, but is really a loveable goofball underneath that tough exterior. She realizes that all of her memories with Kageyama have been overwhelmingly good ones that always bring a smile to her face, and make her heart pound just a bit faster. "But... why do you think that?"

The ref blows the whistle, signaling for the game to start. "Well, you certainly blush a lot around him. And you seem to have grown quite close to him, which is an accomplishment. He doesn't seem to be the overbearingly warm and friendly type." The beautiful ravenette says, smiling a little.

The girl remains silent, a heavy sigh escaping her lips as the sound of shouts and sneakers squeaking echo in her brain.

This... this is not the time! I cant be thinking of silly things like this when an important game is happening right now!

The girl scolds herself, shaking her head and returning her attention back to the game.

*✿❀ ❀✿*

Cheers erupt from the stands as Sakura jumps up from her seat. The team is all smiles as they topple on top of each other with sheer joy. Ukai shouts a series of cheers, pumping his fist into the air with a proud smile on his face.

Almost immediately, Sakura joins in on the hug and leaps onto top of Nishinoya's back, hugging him from behind as he spins her around. Happy laughter fills the gymnasium.

It's a rather joyous scene to behold, a mess of laughter and cheers, teammates hugging and tackling each other in an endearing way as Daichi tries to get everyone to calm down before he too joins in on the rambunctious fun. "We get to play another game!" Hinata cheers.

On the other side of the net, Johenjzi High looks rather dumbfounded, watching as Karasuno had their own little party just mere feet away from them.

Sakura notices the melancholy mood on the other side, and feels a tinge of remorse. As her team celebrates, she slowly walks over to the captain, holding out her hand. "You guys played really good...!" She compliments, looking up at the blonde.

He takes his hand in hers and shakes it lightly. "Thanks cutie." He says with a wink, licking his lips with his pierced tongue. "Say, you gotta boyfriend?" He asks, glancing briefly at the team.

The brunette's eyes widen, and she looks around at anywhere but his face. "Uh..." She stammers.

Before she can answer, she feels an arm sling around her shoulder and pull her close. "Yes, she does."

Sakura looks up, her dark orbs meeting Kageyama's, who looks at Terushima with an icy intimidation. She only nods, too dumbfounded to even get a word out.

The blonde scoffs a little, walking away with his hands resting on his head. "Th-thanks, Kageyama...!" The brunette squeaks, glancing at the arm thats around her shoulder.

He blushes a little, looking to the side. "N...no problem." He grumbles, jealously burning inside throat. "S...Sorry for just claiming to be your... boyfrnfff... you know..."

"It's okay, you got me out of a sticky situation." She says with a laugh, a small blush on her face.

a/n

i have MAJOR writers block rn so here's this CRAP.