xxii.

KARASUNO HAD WON AGAINST BOTH OHGIMINAMI HIGH AND KAKUGAWA HIGH.

This means they made it to the first round of the prefecture, and tomorrow, they go against Johenzji High.

Sakura is nothing short of absolutely ecstatic that they've made it this far. Of course, she had no doubt in her mind that they would, but she is elated nonetheless.

The team all walks home together, all talking excitedly about the upcoming match, going over hand signals and game plans. Sakura wonders how Kageyama can remember hand signals in less than a day but can't remember Japanese history to save his life. She laughs a little at the thought, quietly chuckling to herself as she lingers behind the group, kicking a rock absentmindedly. She doesn't notice when the group suddenly stops, and panic breaks out between everyone.

"We forgot the volleyball bag at the gym!" Nishinoya exclaims, running his hands through his hair and jumping around. This catches the girl's attention, as he head looks up from the rock that skips away from her foot.

"I can go get it." Sakura offers, looking between the members of the team. "I mean, you guys should get some rest, you have a big game tomorrow."

The team looks at her blankly, watching as the petite female shuffles her feet around and a small smile dances on her lips. Sugawara is the first to speak up. "We can't have a girl go out by herself at night, Ito..." He warns, walking closer to her.

"Then... can someone go with me? I mean, I bet you guys are exhausted and want some sleep, but is there anyone who will willingly go?" She asks, surveying the group.

Kageyama glances nervously at the ground. "I'll go with you. I'm not that tired." He murmurs, watching her face light up, even in the darkness of night.

"Ah, thank you Tobio-kun!" She exclaims, pumping her fist into the air as she turns around.

"Tobio-Kun?" Daichi repeats, his brows slightly raising, as the rest of the time smiles suggestively.

"Sh...shut up." He grumbles, shoving his hands deep in his pockets as he catches up with Sakura.

*✿❀ ❀✿*

"I hope the doors aren't locked." Sakura says, shivering a little in the cold weather. Her fingers wrap around the cold, metal handle of the Myagi gym, pulling it open as a relived sigh escapes her soft lips. "Thank God."

The two teenagers enter the dark gym, soft footsteps echoing off the barren walls. "It's kind of spooky at night." She whispers, frowning a little and moving closer to Kageyama. "We should just find the bag and get outta here."

Tobio nods in agreement, straining his eyes to see in the dark room. Suddenly, a loud slam sounds off behind them, causing Sakura to cling onto Kageyama, clutching his shirt and burying her face into his chest. "Ah!" She squeaks, squeezing her eyes shut.

As soon as the echo fades away, the two blush when they realize their position. Sakura rushes to the door, trying to pull it open but to no avail. She tries and tries and tries, pulling with all her might to try and pry it open, but it only fails over and over. Panic starts to set in, and she paces around the dark gym, muttering to herself worriedly as tears start to form in her eyes. The girl has never been one to stay calm in dire situations.

Hesitantly, Kageyama grabs her shoulders to make her stop pacing. A ray of moonlight shines on her face, making the tears glisten in their wake. She sniffles, a small blush rising to her cheeks as she glances at the ground. "S...sorry. I shouldn't panic."

He chuckles a little, putting a fist on her head softly. "It's okay, dumbass." He says, glancing up at the window. "I'll call Hinata."

A smile plants itself on her visage, as she turns around, opening her flip phone to provide some form of light. She glances around, looking for the bag before her eyes land on the familiar orange and black one. Her smile widens as she leaps over to it. "Kageyama! I found it!" She exclaims, picking it up like she's just won a gold trophy. He jogs over her, a small smile on his lips as he watches her legs wobble under the weight. With a yelp, she crumbles under the weight. Kageyama tries to take it from her before she falls, but they end up toppling over and onto the linoleum floor.

Yet again, they are in another awkward position, with Kageyama's hands on either side of her, on top of her small frame. The moonlight hits her face just right, highlighting her soft and snowy features in its pale glow. Her hair, the hue of mahogany, is sprawled out everywhere on the floor, the moon's glow making it shiny and soft-looking. Her school skirt rides dangerously high up her leg, revealing soft and supple thi- Kageyama quickly stops that train of thought as an inferno-like blush spreads across her face like wildfire. His heart pounds out of his chest as he watches her eyes slowly open, long eyes lashes fluttering around ethereal hues that glimmer in the soft light. A pink blush kisses her cheeks as she stares up at him, her chest slowly rising and falling with every shallow breath. Silence engulfs the both of them, before Sakura finally speaks up. "U...Uhm can you please get off of m...me?" She whispers shyly, her eyes looking everywhere but his face. She tries not to focus on how his sapphire hues look like ocean waves sparkling under the rays of the sun, how his black hair takes on an almost gray hue to it in the pale light.

"O...Of c...course! S-sorry!" He apologizes, rubbing the nape of his neck awkwardly.

Sakura starts to giggle a little, trying to stifle the bouts of laughter that tumble off her lips with her palm, but failing miserable. Soon, her cute giggles turn into her loud laughter that echos and bounces off the walls of the gym, filling the silence with that joyous sound. Kageyama starts to laugh too, as he always does when her contagious laugh fills his ears. The two roll on the ground, laughing until their stomach's hurt and Hinata bursts through the door, a panicked expression on his face.

"You guys got locked in here?!" He squeaks. "Did you at least find the bag?"

The two only nod as they continue laughing loudly, as Hinata soon joins in on their giggling fit.