xxx.

"I . . . I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ASK THIS."

Tobio Kageyama starts, glancing nervously at the girl who walks beside him.

The brunette looks up at him, eyes wide with curiosity. "Hm?"

The boy looks down at his hands, fiddling with them nervously. Sakura has known him long enough to know that he's nervous to ask whatever he is about to ask. Smiling a little, she puts one of her hands in his, and intertwines them. A blush spreads across Tobio's face like wildfire, the feeling of her small hand so close to his. Evidently, she has held his hand before, but this is different. Now he knows she means it with romantic intention, which just makes his heart beat that much faster. "Can I be your girlfriend...?!" He blurts out, his whole face now turning as red as a tomato as he realizes his mistake.

Sakura, on the other hand, finds it nothing short of delightfully amusing. Her shoulders begin to shake with loud laughter, that causes the team to turn and look at her with amused smile. She leans against Tobio, laughter racking her body as she clutches his shirt.

Tobio tries to keep a serious face, as he's rather mad at himself for messing up such such important question, but stifled laughter still falls from his lips. "Sh-shut up...!"

Smiling softly at Tobio, she leans her head on his forearm as the laughter subsides. "I would be delighted to be your boyfriend."

*✿❀ ❀✿*

"I don't want to go back to school...!" Yachi complains, tugging on the sleeve of her friend's uniform.

Sakura giggles a little, patting the blonde's back comfortingly. "Ah, c'mon Yachi. You like school, remember? Don't you miss art class?"

Smiling a little and looking up at her best friend, Yachi slings the other strap of her backpack over her shoulder. "Yeah, I have missed art. Say, how come you don't take art?"

The girl shrugs boyishly, pursing her lips. "I don't know... I don't really like showing anyone but my friends my art." She says shyly, before feeling another presence beside her. The brunette looks up to see Kageyama, who walks in silence next to her. "Hi, Tobio." She says curiously, wondering why he hasn't said anything.

He flinched a little, and then blushes furiously. "H-Hi." The raven-haired boy says shortly, rubbing his hands together.

Furrowing her brows at his curious behavior, the girl chuckles a little. "Yachi, you've met Tobio-kun, just last week, yes?"

Yachi tugs at her friends shirt, hiding behind her a bit at the tall, intimidating boy that walks beside them. "Y-yeah."

The brunette rolls her eyes at her two awkward companions, and shakes her head. "He doesn't bite, Yachi." She adds, then looks towards her partner. "Yachi doesn't bite either."

He frowns a little, the blush on his face growing hotter than ever before. "I-I know that..." He grumbles, instinctively clutching onto her uniform skirt, as Yachi does with her uniform shirt.

"I... I gotta go!" The blonde squeaks, scurrying off into the school building in a hurry.

Laughing a little, Sakura shakes her head. "You guys are impossible." The girl notices how Kageyama still latches onto her school skirt, balling the fabric up in his hands as he nervously glances around. "Are you okay?"

He looks down at the ground, a bashful look on his face. "Y-yeah, 'course I am, idiot."

She takes his hand from her skirt, and slips her fingers through his and gives his palm a comforting squeeze. "Well, I know something is, but you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable." Giving his hand one more squeeze, and flashing a soft smile she walks off and disappears into the crowd of students.

Kageyama watches her, long chestnut tresses swaying with each step. He tries to settle his heart, that thrashes around inside his chest, and tame the blush on his cheek.

He walks into his Modern Japanese class, sitting behind Hinata with a far away expression on his face. The ginger notices this and turns around. "Why do you look so scary?"

Scowling at his friend, Kageyama rolls his eyes. "I don't look scary, dumbass!"

Hinata flinches a little, pushing his hair down and squinting his eyes. "I'm Kageyama and I always look like I'm about to commit arson ooooh." He mimics.

Tobio glowers at the boy, making him stop and turn back around.

*✿❀ ❀✿*

Sakura Ito walks out of her classroom at the sound of the bell, smiling when she sees Tobio walk out of his. As soon as his sapphire irises land on her small frame, he blushes immensely and hides behind the vending machine. Frowning a little, the girl weaves her way through the crowd, and goes outside to see his large feet poking out between the two vending machines. "Uh... Tobio?" She says quietly, peeking her head through to see a very flustered looking boy. "Is there a reason you're avoiding me? Did I do something?"

The boy shakes his head, stepping out from the vending machine and towering over the girl's small frame. "No, of course you didn't do anything, dumbass...! I just... I just... n-now that we're... uh- um... now that yo-you're m-mmmmy gilrnf-girlfriend, I don't want to mess thi-things up...!"

Sakura stands on her tip toes, and places her soft hands on either side of her face, forcing him to look at her. "You could never mess things up." She says, her tone stern but her eyes soft.

His cheeks heat up at the feeling of her soft palms against his burning face. He wants to say how much he likes her, how much he adores her, even, but he's never really been one for sharing how he feels, so he remains silent, which is enough for the girl.

"Stop worrying over silly things like that!" She says with a giggle, turning towards the vending machine and eying the green tea. "Do you want milk or juice?"

His stiff posture relaxes a bit, and a sigh escapes his lips.

"Why am I even asking? Milk."