xviii.

"YOU'RE SO CLOSE TOBIO-KUN!"

Sakura cheers, pumping her good fist in the air like a cheerleader would. She notices his dejected look as he clenches his fists, painting his knuckles ivory. She also notices how his jaw slides slightly, insinuating that he's grinding his teeth. Eyebrows pointed together, his icy hues shift towards the discarded volleyballs that are scattered amongst the floor.

The brunette slowly approaches him, smiling softly up at the boy. "You should take a break..." She says quietly, placing a hand on his shoulder. He glances at her, expression softening a little. He looks at the sling that carries her elbow, guilt knotting in his stomach again.

"I told you not to feel guilty, it was an accident." Sakura comforts, shaking her head.

A blush rises to his cheeks. "Am I really that easy to read?" He mutters, fully turning his body to her and looking down.

Nodding, she smiles. "Yeah. You are. Now take a break, your going to overwork yourself." The petite female wraps her hand around his wrist, dragging him to the sidelines and forcing him to sit down with a plop. Getting some cooling towels, she also spots his water bottle and brings the items over to him. Like a doting mother, she places the cooling towel around his neck and places his water bottle in his lap, with a cute smile.

He looks down at the water bottle in his hands. "I could've gotten these things myself..." Tobio mutters, eyes still trained on her sling. "Does it hurt?"

Shaking her head, she winks cheekily. "No, now I told you to stop worrying about it! Nothing fruitful will come from it."

Taking a seat next to him, she rests her head on his shoulder, fiddling with the hem of her tank top. Tobio watches closely, deciding he likes the feeling of her head on his shoulder, and the feeling of her soft chestnut locks tickling his neck. "I'm s-sorry... I really am." He says in a low voice.

"Stop saying sorry." She says slyly, referring to one of the first things he said to her when they first met. His eyes widen a little, surprised that she's even remembered that. Such a thought makes his heart flutter a little, a smile to twitch on the corners of his lips. "You and Hinata will make up... right?" She asks out of the blue, frowning with concern.

Tobio looks up at the lights that buzz from above, eyes narrowing a little. "I... want to. I'd never tell anyone this but... he... h...he..." He scoffs, crossing his arms. "Friend. Even if he is a dumbass." Tobio doesn't know why, but tears start to well in his eyes, so much guilt weighing on him: as he's hurt both of his friends, the last thing he'd want to do. His chin trembles a little, and his lips wobble. Something about being around this girl makes him uncharacteristically vulnerable. "I hurt both of you guys." He mumbles, his breaking voice giving away the tears that threaten to spill over his eyes.

Without hesitation, Sakura brings herself to her knees and faces herself toward Tobio, quickly wrapping her arms around his torso and resting her head next to his. "Friends get into fights, Tobio-kun. Yachi, my closest friend, and I have quarreled before, but we always make up. As for me... please don't feel bad. I understand what it's like to go into a fit of blind rage, and unintentionally hurt others." Her soft words trickle on his neck, and his arms go limp to his sides, not hugging the girl back as he's much too stunned. The warm vanilla scent that wafts from her body, her chest and neck against his... "I'm going to be blunt. Both you and Hinata are at fault for this mess, but things will work out. Fate has a way of fixing things like that. Eventually, you and Hinata will be friends again, and my elbow will be all better." She pulls away from him, taking all of her warmth with him. Flashing a smile, she gives him her signature thumbs up. "Don't beat yourself up over this...!"

Kageyama blinks owlishly, his face a flaming inferno from the abrupt hug. "Th-thanks... maybe you're not such an idiot."

"I'm the idiot?" She teases, poking his side a little. "I'm not the one who failed their exams and had to get tutoring." She sings, standing up and straightening her appearance, along with tightening her ponytail.

Kageyama smirks, standing up and towering over her once more. As he walks past, he shoves her playfully, that mischievous glint back in his eyes.

She winces, causing Tobio to quickly turn around, thinking he's injured her already hurt arm. Grimacing, she clenches it and the boy rushes back over, a reprehensible frown plaguing his lips. "S-Sakura-chan... I-"

Before he can get another word in, she breaks down laughing, resting her forehead against his chest as she wheezes. "Tricked you...!"

Tobio shoves her head off of his chest, crossing his arms and frowning. "Jeez..." He grumbles, blushing furiously. "Toss me some balls, pl...please."

"Right-o, cap'n!" Sakura exclaims enthusiastically, saluting towards him.