xxxi.

"COULD YOU HELP ME ON THIS ONE?"

Tobio asks, pointing to a math problem on his worksheet.

Sakura turns to him, leaning over his shoulder as her eyes examine the problem behind her spectacles. She taps her chin, humming to herself quietly as she leans over and starts to write. "You have to use distributive property, Tobio. Multiply twenty by two, and then combine the x with twenty, and then you do the same to the other side." She informs, tucking a stray strand of brown hair behind her ear.

He looks up at his girlfriend in awe, his lips slightly agape as she solved the math equation with ease.

"What do you look so surprised for? We learned distributive property in middle school." The girl teases, nudging her partner a little with a small smile.

He frowns at her, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose with a deadpanned expression on his face. The boy only grunts in response, a small blush kissing his cheeks.

Laughing airily, Sakura sits back down next to her boyfriend on the couch, and continues to write several formulas down. Her glasses begin to slide down her nose again, in which Tobio pushes them back up. The girl blushes, turning to her boyfriend with a grin on her face. "Do you need to copy?" She asks in a knowing tone.

"Tch, do you think I'm dumb or something?!" He exclaims, crossing his arms over his chest and slumping deeper into the couch. "I was... I was just looking at you."

Her smile grows even wider, and she wraps her arms around her neck and leans into him. "You're so sweet..!" She fawns, cuddling him teasingly.

Roses bloom across his face as she nuzzles her head into his chest, her breathy giggles dusting his neck. Hesitantly, he wraps his long arms around her and pulls her close, a sigh of relief escaping his lips as he realizes he can hold her now. That her warmth can be against his skin, and her being can be close to his.

When Kageyama hears the front door open, he pushes Sakura off of him, much to her surprise. "What's wrong-?"

An older woman walks through the door, sliding off her shoes as Sakura mouths a silent oh. "Hi mom." Kageyama says in his usual, stoic manner.

"Hi Tobio!" The woman exclaims, discarding her scarf and throwing it on the table. She pauses when she sees Sakura sitting on the couch with him, a charming smile on her face. "Ah, Tobio. You didn't tell me you brought a cute girl over! Is this you're girlfriend?"

The brunette laughs lightly, bowing at her elder. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Kageyama, my name is Sakura Ito, and I'm a friend of Kageyama's." She glances back at him nervously, her eyes asking if he wants her to clarify between girlfriend and friend. He nods his head, blushing a little. "Or, I'm his girlfriend, actually."

"Oh my!" She exclaims, dropping everything and pulling the girl into a tight hug. "My little Tobio has a girlfriend! How sweet! Awe, you're so pretty, it's a wonder he snatched you up." She fawns, looking at the girl with admiration. "Call me Tohru, Ito. It's a pleasure to meet you too!"

Sakura chuckles a little, looking at her very embarrassed boyfriend that slumps even further on the couch. "Can I help you with dinner, Tohru?" The girl asks, approaching the counter with a large grin.