xxvi.

"YACHI!"

Sakura shouts from across the store, gaining all the attention from her fellow shoppers. She blushes a little, covering her face and cowering behind the clothing rack. "Yachi...!" She says a little quieter, searching for her best friend in the store.

Currently, the two are shopping for yukata's for the spring festival. It's tradition for both males and females to wear them during the event. "Sakura, I'm over here...!" The blonde whisper-yells, waving over her friend.

The brunette hurries over, glancing at the colorful yukatas that hang on the rack. "Oh... They're all so beautiful...!" Sakura fawns, touching the silky material of all of them. Her star struck face soon turns into a thoughtful frown. "I wonder how I'm going to get all the boys to wear yukatas?"

"The boys?" Yachi repeats, looking up from the pink yukata in her hands. "You mean the volleyball team?"

The prior nods, a small smile on her face. "Mhmm." She hums, leaning against the wall. "I think it'd be fun! Plus, you get to meet all of them...!" She says excitedly, before her thoughts move onto more serious problems, like how she's going to afford a new yukata this year. For the past five years she's worn the same one, but it's grown rather tight on her, so she's been saving to buy a new one.

Though, it appears, even with all of her savings, she still comes short. Perhaps she would have enough if she hadn't had to spend it all on necessities.

Don't be selfish. I'm sure I can get one more year into that old thing.

"Sakura..." Yachi says, looking up at her slightly taller friend. "I can pitch in, I have extra chore money."

The brunette frowns a little, looking at her worn wallet. "I... I cant do that to you Yachi. You worked hard for that money!"

"Consider it an early birthday present!" Yachi says with a bright smile.

Smiling softly, Sakura pulls her blonde friend into a tight hug, engulfing her in her familiar warm vanilla scent. Anyone who's gotten hugged by Sakura knows that giving hugs is her specialty. "...Okay... But only as an early birthday present! Meaning you can't get me anything on my actual birthday, missy!"

"Okay! Okay!" The girl says with a small giggle, throwing a yukata over her shoulder. "I'm going to try this on! You look for one...!"

"O-okay." The brunette says, turning around to look at the colorful array of female yukatas. They're all so beautiful, she doesn't know how she's going to choose. The one she's worn for the past five years is rather plain, a dark green one with a white band around the torso. It was her mother's, yet another reason as to why she doesn't like wearing it much. Biting her lip, she runs her slender fingers over the silky material. One in particular catches her eye, as it's a deep red color, with a floral design that depicts cream-colored flowers blooming on vines. It's simply breathtaking to the girl, as she looks at the price tag. "4,222 yen...?" She hums, frowning a little. It's a bit expensive, but not nearly as expensive as the other ones that land around 6,332 yen. Actually, it's quite a low price for the beautiful design and soft material.

She takes it off the rack, and slips into a dressing room. Her mind wanders, wondering what Kageyama will think when he sees her.

No! No! Don't think that!

The girl mentally scolds herself, a hot blush heating up her face.

He doesn't think of you like that!

The brunette slides her shorts off, a frown tugging at her lips as she mulls over her previous thought. Left in her undergarments, she slides the yukata over her body, pushing those thoughts out of her head as she gazes at herself in the mirror.

Sakura has never thought of herself as a particularly beautiful girl, but a rather ordinary one at that. She doesn't have any striking features, except maybe for her large eyes. But now, her body draped in this beautiful material, she feels... pretty. The girl turns to the side, admiring her figure in the mirror with a faint smile on her face. The red compliments her pale complexion and chocolate hair well. Though, she grows a little insecure as she's lacking a bit in the chest area. She's always been teased for being flat, but she's never paid her bullies any mind. It's not to say that the constant teasing hasn't gotten to her a little, but she thinks as long as she's healthy it really shouldn't matter what cup size she is.

As quickly as possible, Sakura pushes those thoughts out of her head and continues to look at herself in the mirror. "Yachi?" She asks quietly, leaning towards the changing room that is next to her. "Are you almost done? I need a second opinion on this."

"Sure thing!" Sakura hears the door next to her open. She smiles a little and walks out of the dressing room, looking at the floor and then up at Yachi. "Sakura! You look stunning!" She cheers, her eyes sparkling with genuine admiration.

"Th-thanks... it's 4,222 yen, so uh-"

"Yes. I'm getting it for you. No questions asked." She says happily, pushing Sakura back into the dressing room. A small giggle escapes the brunette's lips as she closes the door, smiling happily to herself as she slides off the yukata.

She has a feeling that this spring festival is going to be different from the others.