viii.

HEARTBREAK.

That is what Tobio Kageyama and Shoyo Hinata feel when they know they won't be able to raise their grades by themselves. It feels like their hearts have shattered into a thousand pieces when they knew that they would have to ask Kei Tsukishima for help to raise their grades.

"Tsukishima, please!" The ginger pleads, practically on his hands and knees, begging the blonde to tutor the them. "We really want to play in the Tokyo game...! No, we need to play in the Tokyo game."

The spectacle-wearer hums to himself, tapping a long finger on his chin thoughtfully while pretending to think of an answer. He the points a finger at Kageyama, smiling at him mischievously. "I want to hear it from him."

Kageyama looks at him blankly, crossing his arms over his chest defiantly. Hinata nudges the raven-haired boy, looking at him pleadingly with big brown eyes. "Fine..." He mutters, looking to the side as to not be tempted by Kei's smug face. "Help us... please...."

"Oh, he even added please at the end." Tsukishima cocks his head to the side, glancing at the two idiot boys pitifully. "The answer is still no."

Kageyama clenches his fist until his knuckles turn ivory, wanting nothing more than to punch this four-eyed loser in the face. "Jerk...!" He mumbles to himself as he yanks Hinata away from the taller boy.

"Kageyama! What're we going to do?" Shoyo exclaims, tugging at Kageyama's sleeve like a small child.

"Shut up and let me think, dumbass." He shoves the small boy off him, looking around the gym and searching his thoughts for a solution.

His eyes land on Sakura, who's currently attempting to balance way too many volleyballs in her arms. Her legs wobble a little, and she takes slow and small steps towards the basket, a few falling from her grasp. "Maybe Ito-san is smart. We could ask her." Kageyama suggests, watching her intently.

"Hey! Ito-san!" Hinata exclaims, causing the girl to jump a little and drop her pyramid of volleyballs. She lets a sigh escape her lips, but smiles at Shoyo nonetheless. "Hey, are you smart?" He asks abruptly, as Kageyama slowly walks to a place beside him.

"Idiot, you can't just ask people that." The taller one says, smacking his friend lightly on the head.

The girl fiddles with the ring on her finger, her eyes looking void and thoughtful. "Well... I don't know. I'm in three advanced placement classes, and I have straight A's, so if you consider that smart-"

"Three advanced placement classes?" The ginger's jaw hangs open with surprise. "And good scores?"

Kageyama pushes Shoyo's head away, rolling his sapphire orbs. "Can you tutor us so we can go to the Tokyo trip? Our grades aren't that good... and we need to pass our exams in order to go."

The brunette smiles, tossing the last stray ball into the bin. "Yeah, of course. We can start studying tomorrow after practice, if that works."

Kageyama blushes a little, rubbing the nape of his neck. "Uh, yeah. Thanks... We can go to the club room, and I'll, uhm, give you the address. Also, do we need to pay you or anything...?"

"Pay me?" A tremble of laughter escape her lips, as she tucks a stray strand of brown hair behind her ear. "Nonsense! I'm happy to tutor you guys."

"Oh. Okay... Thank you." The boy nods in acknowledgment, walking off with Hinata.

"Aw~" Hinata teases, poking Kageyama's side a little as they walk away. "You're blushing!"

Kageyama smacks the boy's hand away. "I am not! Dumbass...."

a/n

another short one whores