xxxii.

SAKURA AIMLESSLY DOODLES IN HER NOTEBOOK,

the sound of soles squeaking against linoleum echoing in the background.

She looks up at Kageyama, who is currently setting balls to Hinata. Smiling, she lightly shades in the shimmer of his dark hair, and draw a droplet of sweat on his brow. The whistle blows, not that Sakura notices as she's too lost in her own little world. Curious as to what she's so enamored about, he leans over her shoulder. Roses bloom across his cheeks, and small gasp escapes his throat as he watches his girlfriend's small hand draw an exact replication of his face. "W-wow." He mutters awkwardly.

The brunette's hand stops moving, and a blush kisses her cheeks as she snaps her sketchbook shut. "Th-thank you! I was... I was just d-drawing you because you looked awesome and stuff... I don't mean it in a cre-creepy way or anything, I was just bored - not that I got bored of watching you, it was very interesting... I mean you were very interesting so I..."

Kageyama snickers a little. "Shut up." He mutters, patting her head lovingly. "It's... niff, nuff - nice." Sakura doesn't often get flustered, and he finds it adorable when she gets that cute, pink blush on her cheeks, and how she stumbles over her words. He grabs a towel and wipes the sweat off of his face, his shirt lifting slightly as the fluorescent lights shimmer against his sweaty skin and damp hair. The girl can't help but stare owlishly at the boy, her heart pounding as she wonders how she managed to land such a good looking boyfriend. As Kageyama pulls his shirt back down, he notices Sakura staring with wide eyes and a blush. He blushes too, but quickly covers it with a knowing smirk.

Quickly, the girl looks away, her face now ten times redder than before. I have to get him back for this. She thinks ruefully, butterflies still swarming in her stomach. Clenching her fists, she carefully rips the page from her notebook, folding it neatly into the pocket of her blazer. In a most mature manner, she sticks her tongue out at her boyfriend, causing him to furrow his brows and snicker.

*✿❀ ❀✿*

The two walk home together in comfortable silence, the only sound filling the silence being the wind whistling through the trees. Smirking, she taps Kageyama's shoulder and hands him the piece of paper. "Since you seemed so interested in it earlier."

He looks down at it, a cherry hue spreading across his cheeks. Now it's his turn to be flustered. "Th-thanks...!" He mutters, slightly crumbling the paper in his clenched fists.

Tugging his sleeve, a light blush dusting the apples of her cheeks, she gets on her tip toes and plants a small kiss on his cheeks.

As her soft lips touch his cheeks, a warmth floods to his entire body, and his brain turns to static. His face turns a billion shades of crimson, and Sakura's drawing gets even more crumpled. "Gotcha back!" She says, skipping forward and giving her very flustered boyfriend a cheeky wink, a light blush of her own rising to her face.

Tobio stands there, his face a burning inferno of heat and blood, his hands and legs not budging and his eyes wide. A few incoherent stutters come out of his mouth, causing Sakura to laugh joyfully. "S-stop
th-that!"

She snickers and skips back to him, looping her arm around his and leans in his forearm. "I had to get you back. I couldn't let you get the last say."

Hesitantly, Kageyama brushes a strand of soft, brown hair from her eyes and leans in slowly. His heart racing in his chest, he places a small kiss on her temple while inhaling the warm vanilla scent of her hair and savoring the feeling of her soft skin on his lips. His face grows hot again, and he tries to cover it with a frown as he pops the collar of his jacket.

"T-tobio!" She exclaims, her dainty finger brushing over the area where he kissed as she blushes furiously. "Y-you can't do that!"

"Yes I can, idiot."

He glances down at her with a shit-eating grin on his face, admiring how the setting sun that sinks behind her gives her a natural, amber halo as if she's an angel. Though, Kageyama does quite believe she is. Her cheeks rosy and her hair slightly tousled, she pours, jutting out her bottom lip and furrowing her brows at him. Rather hard, she slaps him on the shoulder. "I was supposed to win!"

"Too had you lost." He says cockily, slightly rubbing where she had hit him.

Her features softening, she looks at his arms. "Did I hurt you?! I didn't mean to, I promise, I just have a tendency of hitting people when I get all flustered and then I feel really bad for hurting you because, let's be honest, I've hurt you quite a few times and I honestly feel really bad about it! I'm so, so, sor-"

He places his hand over her mouth, feeling her soft lips brush against his palm. "No saying sorry, 'member?"

Giving him her signature thumbs up, she smiles. "Gotcha!" The brunette hums to herself, looking up at the sky that is now painted with hues of vermillion and tangerine, blending together seamlessly like a Monet piece. "Are you excited for the school festival, Tobio?" She asks.

"Mhm." He grunts, not exactly keen to the idea of large crowds of people.

"Oh yeah, you sound ecstatic." Sakura says sarcastically, nudging her partner a little. "I'm going to be presenting my art for the very first time!"

The obsidian-haired boy's eyes widen. "Really? I thought you didn't like showing off your art."

"Well... I made something I'm really proud of..!" She says in a hushed squeal, looking down at her hands.

"Oh? What is it?" He asks in his usual uninterested tone, though his tone doesn't reflect how he feels, he genuinely is interested.

"You'll just have to wait. and. see!"