xxix.

"AH, MY FEET HURT!"

Sakura exclaims, sliding her sandals back on after she and Kageyama had just finished dancing (very clumsily, at that).

"Probably because I kept stepping on them." The tall boy says bashfully, still basking in the afterglow of the bumping music and dancing with the girl he likes.

She laughs a little, punching him lightly on his forearm. "You're a whiz at volleyball, but don't take dancing up." Sakura jokes, looking for a place to eat, spotting an onigiri stand to the side of the main pathway. Smiling brightly, she sprints through the crowd, followed closely behind by Tobio.

"Idiot...! Don't just run like that...!" He exclaims, as soon as he catches up to the girl, who's hair is slightly frazzled from her tresses wiping in the wind. He also notices how her pin is falling out of her hair, making him frown. "Dumbass... you're hair is all messed up now."

Blushing a little, she touches the back of her head. "Hm? Can you fix it for me?" She asks quietly, bowing her head so he can readjust the pin.

"Sh-sure." He mutters, taking the pin out of her hair. He takes a strand, surprisingly soft and silky despite how tousled her hair is, and pins it away from her face. Before he realizes what he's doing, long fingers brush through her soft tresses. A heat explodes on the girl's face when she feels his nimble fingers combing through her hair, but she doesn't stop him.

The scent of her vanilla shampoo wafts into his nose, as he feels her soft breaths dust his neck. This jolts him away from his day dream, and he quickly fastens the pin into her hair, letting a few loose strands frame her blushing face. "There." He grumbles, turning away from her, so she can't see his blushing.

His blush doesn't go unnoticed by Ito, though, and her heart flutters a little, her large brown eyes going even wider. Shaking her head, she moves in front of the line and orders two onigiris on a stick for the both of them. She chomps into one, her cheeks puffing up a bit in the most adorable way possible, which causes Kageyama's pink blush to turn a deep crimson.

"Mmh!" She exclaims, stuffing another rice ball into her mouth. "Delish!" The girl hums happily, looking up at the taller boy's face, which has rice all over it. "Tobio, you have rice all over your face. You've only taken one bite, how is that even possible?"

He shrugs. "It's a gift." He says seriously, attempting to wipe away any rice on his face.

"You missed." She says with a laugh, using her thumb to dust off a piece of rice that resided on his cheek. "There."

Cerulean eyes widening, his heart begins to pound a thousand times faster. "Eh, th-thanks."

"Mhm." She says, nodding her head as she looks up at the ferris wheel. "This wasn't here last year!" Sakura exclaims, throwing her sticks into the garbage and entwining Tobio's hands with hers, and pulling him over to the bright and colorful contraption.

She notices the sparkle that shines in his sapphire hues as he looks up at the ferris wheel with child like wonder. "Have you never seen one before?"

He shakes his head, his lips turning upwards into a smile, and his cheeks glowing with happiness.

"All the more reason to go on it!" She comments, grasping his hand and pulling him into the front of the line.