xx.

"THAT SURE WAS ... EVENTFUL"

Sakura comments with a small sigh, tucking a stray strand of chestnut hair behind her ear. Kageyama nods in agreement, shoving his hands deep into the pockets of his jacket.

Summer training camp had come to an end, and Tobio and Sakura walk home together in the cold night. A yawn escapes Kageyama's lips, as he stretches his long limbs, slightly lifting up his sweatshirt a bit to reveal toned abs. The brunette can't help but stare for a second, before a fiery blush blooms on her face as she looks at the ground.

street-lamps line the empty roads, stubbornly shining into the night. It was as if they simply loved to share that amber glow, regardless of if anyone admired it. Under their steady watch the cream brickwork brought a nostalgic feeling, notions of romance under rainy skies. The road itself had that well-loved appearance, the traffic of decades having passed over it. It was quiet and peaceful, a lovely chorus of cicadas chirping in the background, providing a comforting ambiance below the whispers of their quiet conversations. Out of the corner of his eye, Tobio watches the brunette, how her tresses swing with every step and how the amber flow of the street lamps highlight her features and make her brown eyes into golden pools of honey. She talks animatedly, moving her hands with every word, her voice growing louder and louder with each word.

"Anyways, I'm so glad that you and Hinata are back on good terms! The dynamic duo!" She exclaims, pumping her fist in the air excitedly.

The black-haired boy smiles softly at her, hitting her lightly in the head endearingly. "Idiot... we're not a dynamic duo."

She pauses in front of her house, standing in front of the small gate, and petting Casper that lays on the cool brick wall. "You are, you're just too stubborn to admit it." The girl hums, picking up her small cat and cradling her in her arms.

Kageyama looks at the cat, softly petting his soft fur. "Casper." He mutters, glancing at the familiar blue collar that hangs around the feline's neck.

"Ah, you remembered?!" Sakura asks, her whole face lighting up. "Oh... you probably looked at the tag." She says with a small, self conscious, laugh.

A small blush grows on his face, and his heart beats just a little faster. "Well... no I remembered." He says bashfully, looking at his shoes.

"Oh..." The brunette says quietly, as she slowly opens the gate of her home. "It's pretty late, do you want some dinner...?!" She asks hopefully, letting Casper free to bound into the front garden.

He glances at her face, that hopeful expression too tempting to even considering denying her offer. Not to mention, her cooking is amazing. "Uh, if you don't mind..."

"Yay!" She cheers, pushing Kageyama into the front garden and closing the gate behind her. He looks at her house, made of worn brick, and looks to be two stories high. A warm glow emits from the inside, a golden glow glowing from the windows, dimly illuminating the garden in the front that's full of... what looks to be strawberry plants. Kageyama's eyebrows pinch together, smiling a little as he walks by the small garden.

Sakura opens the door which is painted a worn out white, a homemade wreath hanging on the door. They walk into the warm house, taking off their shoes as they enter. The scent of lavender hangs in the air, and various paintings hang on the wall. He looks at them, studying a particularly detailed one of a flower field. "Where'd you get these paintings?" He asks, looking for a signature on the painting.