Chapter 3

Yerin didn't even have to enter the house to hear the yelling coming from inside.

Here we go again.

She let out a deep sigh as she heard the arguing immediately stop as the door opened with a click.

As Yerin tried to quietly go up the stairs but unfortunately her mother caught sight of her. "Han Yerin."

"Hi eomma, appa." Yerin said as she stepped down, giving her parents a smile as fake as their love for one another.

Yerin didn't tell anyone but she knew her parents' divorce was just around the corner. Her mother and father fought every single night about all that they possibly could.

The two shared a wealthy business in the heart of Neo City, well known to all. But their views on how it should be ran varied, and it was clear that there was a huge gap in their opinions. But it didn't stop there.

Her father hated his only child, the one that he desperately wanted to be a male, to carry on the family name. But no, Yerin had to be born a girl.

Her mother was the opposite, taking the hits for her and fighting her battles against her father just for Yerin's happiness. But Yerin just wanted her parents to get along, a dream that would never happen.

Her parents always faked it though, pretending to still be in love and show that they had the perfect family. The press would jump at the opportunity to make their family look like a mess, and neither of their parents would let that happen.

So Yerin turned to dance whenever she hated her life at home, drowning out her sorrows with movements instead.

"How was school today?" Her father asked.

"It was good." Yerin told them. "Met a lot of new people."

"Do you like it?" Her mother asked. Yerin nodded her head.

"I like it a lot."

Yerin watched as her father gritted his teeth, holding in his anger.

Going to Dream was another thing that Yerin had done wrong in her father's eyes. Yerin wasn't supposed to be a dancer, an artist. She was supposed to help run the family business.

"You must be tired, you should go sleep." Her mother said, probably sensing how tense her husband once.

Yerin gave her parents a small bow. "Goodnight eomma, appa."

Yerin quickly made her way up the stairs to where her room was. The second her door closed, she heard the yelling from downstairs begin all over again.

"At least I don't have homework

"At least I don't have homework." Yerin muttered as she placed her bag down, taking out her dirty clothes from class that day.

...