Chapter 14

Why did you do that, stupid? Yerin asked herself as she rolled around in the bed.

Because I wanted to.

Yerin sighed as she sat up, unable to sleep. There was simply too much on her mind.

First there was the reason why she had kissed Jaemin. It was something she had just felt like doing in the spur of the moment but she couldn't help but wonder if there was something more.

Then there was that stupid horror movie. She should have spoken up when Haechan had suggested it but it seemed as though the male had regretted choosing it just as much.

That's when Yerin gave up, deciding to head out of the room and into the hall. She was surprised to see the light of the kitchen on.

Her footsteps signalled whoever it was of her presence, and it turned out to be Jeno, sitting on a stool sipping a mug of water.

"Couldn't sleep?" Jeno asked. Yerin shook her head.

"No, I couldn't." Yerin admitted.

"Water?" Jeno offered. Yerin nodded her head and Jeno went to go get her a mug as well as she sat down on the stool beside his.

"Why are you up?" Yerin asked as Jeno passed her the glass.

"Oh, I was gaming with Haechan." Jeno told her. "He wanted to take his mind off the movie."

"Is he up too, then?" Yerin asked. Jeno shook his head.

"No, he fell asleep a while ago. I just wanted to stretch a bit so I came out so I wouldn't wake Jaemin up."

"I see." Yerin said, sipping her water.

Yerin noticed that there was some thick tension in the room and wasn't exactly sure why. She soon figure out though as Jeno asked her a question.

"Do you like Jaemin?"

Yerin wasn't expecting him to be so direct. "I don't know."

"Well." Jeno said, sitting down beside her. "If you don't you shouldn't lead him on and stay away."

Huh?

"Jaemin isn't who you think he is." Jeno continued. "He seems strong and cold hearted but he's really not. When he falls in love, he goes all in and there's no stopping him. He'll sacrifice everything he's ever done for that person, and I don't want him falling into that."

Yerin didn't know how to respond. Isn't Jeno supposed to be the nice one?

"Anyways, I'm just saying, if you don't like him, you should stay out of his life. For his sake." Jeno said, standing up.

Yerin could only watch as Jeno slipped into his room, leaving her alone with only his words lingering in her mind.

...

"Where's Yerin?" Jaemin asked as he entered the kitchen.

He had exited his room that morning to find that the guest room was all cleaned up, Yerin belongings gone and the girl no where in sight.

"She left." Renjun told him as he munched on his breakfast at the dinning table. "I asked her if she wanted some food but she said would just have some at home."

With her father?

Jaemin immediately returned to his room to grab his phone when he saw Jeno laying in bed, scrolling through his. Jeno must have noticed Jaemin's urgency as he placed his own device down. "What's wrong?"

"Yerin left." Jaemin told him. Jeno picked up his phone again, scrolling through it.

"She probably had to run to rehearsal or something." Jeno told him. "I wouldn't think to much about it."