Chapter 5

Yerin's heart almost popped out of her chest as she caught sight of the male standing outside of the studio, the lights of the empty school casting a long shadow on the ground in front of him.

Na Jaemin.

Jaemin seemed to have realized the sheer terror in her eyes as he immediately entered the studio and to her surprise, apologized.

"Look, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Jaemin said, adjusting the bucket hat he wore.

Similar to Yerin, Jaemin was dressed in comfortable clothes, consisting of a light turquoise sweater and black sweatpants. He blond hair stuck out from under his bucket hat.

"Tch, at least you're apologizing." Yeri mumbled as she went to go turn down the music. She turned around to see that he was still there. "What?"

"I just wanted to apologize. For bumping into you yesterday." Jaemin said softly.

I was not expecting that.

"It's alright." Yerin simply said. "Didn't really matter."

Did he know that I called him a dick?

"Oh really?" Jaemin asked her. "Is that why you called me a dick?"

I'll take that as a yes.

"Look, it was just the heat of the moment." Yerin told him, crossing her arms over her chest. She was not going to let Jaemin make her look like a fool today. "I don't actually care. Plus, don't you have things to do?"

Jaemin shrugged, placing his hands in his pockets. "It's only 12am."

"12am?!" Yerin exclaimed. I need to go home!

"What, do you have things to do?" Jaemin asked her.

"Yeah, go home." Yerin replied, unplugging her phone. "Shouldn't you be going home too?"

Jaemin shook his head. "No, I still have more to work on."

"Alright then, Na Jaemin, the hardworking legend of this school." Yerin said picking up her bag.

The girl couldn't leave though as the door was blocked by Jaemin, who had his arms crossed, glaring at her.

And Yerin had to admit, he looked pretty intimidating.

...

"Who told you that?" Jaemin asked the girl in front of him.

"Told me what?" The girl asked back.

"My name. And the legend part."

The girl rolled her eyes. Gutsy. Jaemin thought his stare would be enough to put her in her place. "Literally everyone, especially after I called you a dick. Now can you move, I need to go home."

The girl tried to move past him but Jaemin was faster. "That's not fair."

The girl letting out a loud groan. "What now?"

"You know my name but I don't know yours." Jaemin told her with a pout. "That puts me at a disadvantage."

"Yerin. Han Yerin, happy?"

Yes.

Yerin shoved him as she walked by, stomping her feet as she walked towards the exit of the school. Jaemin couldn't help but chuckle at the sight as he turned off the dance studio lights before closing the door.

Jaemin hated talking to people. Social interaction was not his thing whatsoever. He was known to be a quiet guy, that kept to himself and his small group of friends.