Chapter 4

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 & 7 & 8." Ten called out, clapping his hands together.

Yerin tried her best to keep up but she had to admit, Ten's choreography pushed her to her limits. It was hard.

Yerin wondered if Jisung was struggling just as much or if she was just bad, but as she caught sight of Jisung messing up the steps, something Yerin had only seen a few times in her life, she knew Dream was pushing them differently.

"Alright alright everyone, get out of your heads." Ten told them. "You're all panicking, I can see it in your eyes."

"This is really damn fast." Yerin heard the girl behind her mutter and she couldn't help but agree.

"Yah, none of that negativity here." Ten said, snapping his fingers. The girl immediately covered her mouth in embarrassment.

Ten gave them all a small smile. "This class is hard for a reason. I'm telling you right now, you get a professional in here, they will struggle. But the point of this lesson is not to struggle but learn how to deal with struggles."

Yerin's eyes followed Ten as he moved to the speakers. "Alright, do the choreography again but I want 25% energy. Do the movements but I want you to mush them together, like it's a lazy day."

Okay?

Ten turned on the music and Yerin did as he told. It felt weird, barely putting any energy into it, she felt like it was a mark, but not really. It was like she wasn't putting in any effort yet still making the shapes of all the moves.

"Alright, now that I know you all actually know the moves, 50% energy."

Once again, Yerin went through the movements with ease, having no problems whatsoever.

"Good, very good. Now lastly, 85-95% energy."

"Not 100?" Jisung asked but Ten shook his head.

"Definitely not. True dancers never give 100%, you know why?" Ten asked. They all shook their heads. "Because if you're on tour and you have a 5 hour set and you give 100%, you're going to die. So don't give 100%, I never want to see 100%."

Yerin found it weird not putting in her full effort, but she had to admit, the movements came to her much easier.

"Yes, so much better!" Ten exclaimed. "Wow, I'm so happy!"

The class watched as Ten began fanning his face with happy tears brimming his eyes.

"Does this normally happen?" Yerin whispered to Jisung but he shook his head.

"Never."

"Look at you all!" Ten continued. "You all just did the 'hard' and 'difficult' choreography with ease."

Oh, we did.

A slow clap sounded from the back of the studio and they turned to see Taeyong standing there. Yerin gulped.

"Very good, I'm impressed." Taeyong told them. "Keep up the good work and I can see many of you signing contacts with some amazing choreographers in the near future."

Taeyong walked over to where Ten was, whispering something into his ear. Ten nodded his head and Taeyong quickly left the studio.

"Well that's all for today everyone. We'll be continuing the combination tomorrow so don't forget it." Ten told them.

Yerin immediately followed Jisung to the shelves were her dance bag was when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to come face to face with Ten.