Chapter 8

"I mean we all expected it, didn't we?"

"Can you be quiet, the walls are a lot thinner than you think."

"Why don't you?"

"Both of you, just shut up!"

Jaemin rolled over in his bed, covering his head with his blankets, trying to block out the sound of his friends bickering.

He had made a big mistake. And there was no going back now.

Taeyong's words kept replaying in his head, and there was no way to stop it.

No outside photoshoots, commercials, music videos, documentaries, none of that.

But that wasn't the thing that bothered Jaemin the most. It was the fact that he had to back out of one of the best film opportunities that he had ever received in his life.

Jeno's drama.

Jaemin groaned as he heard his friends arguing some more and decided he couldn't take it anymore.

He grabbed a random pair of shoes, his bucket hat, jacket, and car keys before slinging his bag over his shoulders.

Jaemin could feel the tension as he left his room, the three boys staring at him.

"Jaemin-"

Instead of responding, Jaemin went out the door without any hesitation, a loud slam sounding behind him.

...

Yerin was surprised to see only one pair of shoes at the door, and they didn't belong to either of her parents.

"Eomma? Appa?" Yerin called out as she entered the house but she was met with a sight that she had not expected to see.

Broken glass and picture frames covered the floor, and the Han's single maid was cleaning it all up alone. The woman turned around at the sound of Yerin's voice.

"Where are my parents?" Yerin asked, her voice cracking as she felt the tears filling her eyes.

"Your mother is at her... friend's place. Your father went back to the company's building." The maid informed her.

"Did they... did they fight?" Yerin asked, afraid of the answer. The maid slowly nodded.

"Your mother also suggested that you find somewhere else to stay tonight. Just in case your father comes back." The maid warned.

Yerin didn't need to be told twice as she turned on he heels, heading back to the lone vehicle in the driveway.

...

Jaemin was thankful that the school was empty as he didn't even make it to the studio before breaking down in tears, sitting down as he leaned against the lockers.

...

There was only one car in the parking lot.

Perfect.

Yerin prayed that her car was parked straight, the tears already falling uncontrollably out of her eyes.

She quickly tapped her student card, entering the school.

Someone's here.

Yerin had heard someone sobbing and saw a lump in the hallway. The sobbing had stopped as soon as that lump realized that there was another person there.

Yerin sniffled, wiping her face with the back of her hand as she walked towards the figure sitting on the floor, shoulders slumped with their head bowed.