Chapter 19

Jaemin was cleaning up his side of the room when Jeno entered.

It was clear that there was tension between the two friends, especially after Jaemin heard their entire conversation in the kitchen. Jaemin wondered what Jeno's next steps would be as the male always had trouble expressing his true feelings.

"Do you really like Yerin?" Jeno asked, breaking the silence.

Jaemin put the picture frame down, containing a photo of him and the three others. There was a small thud as the movement was more aggressive than he had attended.

This didn't go unnoticed by Jeno though, as he quickly turned around. "Actually-"

"I don't know." Jaemin admitted, making Jeno freeze in his spot. Jaemin turned around, facing his best friend. "I genuinely don't know."

"You don't know?" Jeno asked.

Jaemin nodded. "It feels like I do but I don't know. I guess I'm scared."

Jeno slowly nodded his head. "I don't blame you."

Jaemin watched as Jeno came to his side, pulling the male into a hug, something they hadn't done for a while.

Jaemin couldn't help but smile at the small gesture. Jaemin was always a loving boy, acting flirty with his friends but Jeno was the complete opposite, always putting up a strong front. It was moments like this where Jaemin was reminded that Jeno was someone that truly cared about him as well.

"I know it's scary, falling in love. But I want you to know that if anything goes wrong, I'll still be here by your side. I'll back off from Yerin now, and let you two figure things out on your own." Jeno whispered to him.

"Thanks Jeno." Jaemin said, wrapping his arms around the male. "It means a lot."

"No problem, Jaemin. We're family, after all."

Jaemin nodded his head. Although born from different parents, it seemed as though their lives had been the exact same.

"Family."

...

"Oh my gosh." Jisung exclaimed as he stared at the paper posted outside of the dance studio. "We made it!"

Sure enough, the list of dancers selected by Mark for his tour was out, along with a calendar for their rehearsals. Yerin's name was on that list, right after Jisung's and a few others.

"Yeah we did." Yerin mumbled, unsure of how to feel.

"Noona, you know what that means, right?" Jisung said excitedly as he clutched onto the girl's arm like a child.

"What?" Yerin asked.

"We're going on tour!"

...

"So how's your drama filming going?" Renjun asked Jeno.

The group was sitting at their usual table, each of them doing their own thing. Jaemin himself was looking at the locations he planned on taking Yerin for their shoot.

"It's good, I guess." Jeno replied. "There's only a few more days left."

"I still don't understand how you work with Ara." Haechan said, fiddling with his pencil as he stared at the sheet music in front of him. "She's such a pain."

Jeno shrugged his shoulders. "She's alright."

"Aren't you supposed to be lovers? How do you even do that when she's obsessed with Jaemin?" Renjun pointed out.

Jaemin was curious to hear his answer, wondering what his reaction would be but Jeno didn't seem fazed at all. I mean what were you expecting, he's an actor.