Chapter 22

Yerin had completely forgotten about her promise to Mark and this was the last possible way that she wanted Jaemin to find out.

Jaemin tossed Yerin her phone and sure enough, there was a message from Mark asking if she had organized the meeting with Jaemin yet.

"I'm going to make breakfast. We'll be leaving for school soon." Jaemin said, getting up.

"Wait." Yerin called out, grabbing his arm. "I can explain."

Jaemin stared at her fingers around his wrist before peeling them off.

"Later." Jaemin said coldly before leaving the room.

...

Yerin soon found out that later really meant a lot later as Jaemin went straight to class upon arriving at school. This left her with Haechan who was also in the car with them.

"What happened between you two? You were so lovey dovey last night." Haechan asked the girl.

"He saw Mark's messages with me." Yerin said without thinking. She soon realized her mistake as Haechan stopped walking.

"You talk to Mark?" Haechan asked her.

Yerin gulped. Haechan normally was goofy, a smile always on his face but none of that was there. Instead, his eyes were as dark as Jaemin's were that morning.

Why are they all so damn intimidating when they're mad?

"Yeah, I do." Yerin said, trying to play it cool as she stuffed her hands in the sweater she had borrowed from Jaemin.

"What did Mark want?" Haechan asked.

"Huh?"

Haechan nudged his chin forward. "He messaged you for a reason, didn't he?"

Oh. "He wanted to talk to Jaemin." Yerin informed him.

Haechan nodded slowly, beginning to walk again. "When do you start class?"

"In a few hours, why?" Yerin asked the male.

"I do too. Go text Mark." Haechan told her as she quickly sped up her walking pace to keep up with the male.

"Text Mark?" Yerin questioned, confused.

"Yeah, I'll meet with him now."

...

Johnny had given them a period to get started on their new project, editing an assigned animal documentary video to make it interesting to the general public. While they worked, Johnny was looking at their pictures with Jaehyun, one of Mark's tour managers and apparently a good friend of Johnny's.

Jaemin had his airpods in, trying his best to focus on his work but it was difficult when all he had on his mind was Mark's text to Yerin.

Is this the favour she wanted? Jaemin wondered. Did she do the shoot just for Mark? Does she like Mark? Was I just a game to her?

The unanswered questions kept filling his head and Jaemin could felt like he was about to explode when his phone buzzed.

Jaemin glanced at Johnny who was much too focused on the class's photos to pay attention to him. He decided to look at his phone and was surprised to see a message from Yerin.

Yerin
I'll be in the cafeteria if you want to talk.

Jaemin placed the phone back in his pocket, not wanting to type a reply. He was glad he made that decision as it seemed as though Johnny had finished.