•reckless•

𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐱 𝐁𝐫𝐲𝐜𝐞
————————————————————————
it's gonna kill me before i even have the
chance to do it.
(edited)

Jaden sat in his room, rolled in a blanket or what he called himself a 'human burrito.' It was very comfortable to him and warm.

He had been in a state of depression for a week. He hadn't eaten anything or anything to drink, and on top of that, his brain was stuck in a place where it made him think his actions didn't have consequences.

he was also a college student, so he hadn't done any school work in a week, he was probably failing. Professors were probably blowing up his email, then his parents probably called asking why the hell he wasn't keeping his end of the deal up.

It was all just them asking what wasn't he good enough? What was he doing not good? He was at the top of every class, he called his parents regularly, talked, and even face-timed them. Visited on holidays, and he did all of that while having a full music career along with managing his socials.

No one had noticed this, no one had paid any attention to see this state of Jaden. His recklessness was taking over, and it was getting worse. But no one even cared to look past the bush.

When he was in his room for long periods of time, the boys assumed he was working on music since that's all they could hear through speakers, or they thought he was packed with school work. Since none of the other boys besides Griffin (who was also busy with school) didn't go past high school they just assumed he was doing a lot of work.

In real-time, Jaden did that to drown out the noise of his gut-wrenching sobs. He would lay on the floor and cry. It took some time for any one of the boys to notice, but Bryce caught on. He felt like an idiot that he hadn't noticed early on but he couldn't blame himself entirely.

"Jae, can I come in?" He knocked on the door.

"sure," Jaden said faintly almost like the wind was breezing by.

Bryce walked in and the sight that he saw broke his heart. He ran over to the small boy in his bed and hugged him.

"Bryce d-do you ha-have water," he asked quietly. Bryce nodded and gave him a bottle, Jaden chugged it in 10 seconds.

"Damn thirsty I guess" Bryce tried to crack a joke but got nothing from Jaden.

"Yeah," He said softly and fell back on his bed.

"Are you okay Jaden?" Bryce said after a few minutes of silence.

"Oh yeah, just peachy" he lied and Bryce knew that he wasn't fine.

"No I mean like are you mentally okay," He said and Jaden sat back up, "and you're body isn't looking too good either. I mean, you look paler, and your eyes are bloodshot red," 

"Uh no but I'm getting better you just need to trust me, even though it may kill me before I do it myself, please you just have to trust me," he said and pulled himself into Bryce's lap.

"Now wrap you arms around me" he whispered into Bryce's neck where he put his head. Bryce complied, the two had been fairly close so this was normal.

"Now I'm safe, in your arms," Jaden said a cheesy line for some sappy show he's watched. He felt Bryce chuckle and kiss the top of his head.

"Cuddles J?" he asked and felt Jadens head nod. He laid back with Jaden still wrapped tightly in his arms and he placed a soft kiss to the side of his head.

"Bubba, if you ever need to talk to me in always here for you," Bryce said quietly.

"I know," Jaden giggled and got closer to Bryce loving the warmth he was getting

"Kissy" Jaden looked up at Bryce with cute puppy dog eyes. Bryce gave him his kissy and they fell asleep well Jaden did, Bryce just sat there thinking of what he was gonna do next.