Chapter 2

🕷🕷🕷

Timeskip... ( five years)

Y/n was simply rolling in her bed, cold sweat on her forehead and her fists clutching the sheets of the bed.

The images of her father in a pool of blood, staring at her lifeless, destruction and Chitauri flashing her eyes. She shot up with a gasp, breathing heavily.

The events seemed to turn into daily horrors for every night to Y/n. It's been five years since the attack, and she was still struggling to get the events out if her head.

There wasn't a day she didn't miss her father, his last words ringing her ears and she'd find herself staring at the pendant he gave her, shedding tears when she was alone.

Peter barged in her room, and rushed to her side. " Hey, you're fine. Relax. " He whispered, pulling her in his chest. This seemed to the daily cycle.

" You're okay. It's nothing. " He stroked her hair, wiping the tears  away from her cheeks. Peter would come every night to check on her, finding her struggling to sleep almost every night.

She'd be lying if she didn't agree Peter was her safe place. He made her feel safe and warm and she never got any nightmares when he lulled her to sleep, his warmth giving her a sense of comfort after the horrible nightmares.

" I'm here. " He whispered, letting Y/n snuggle into his chest and clutch on his shirt tight. Peter rubbed circles on her back as she slowly but surely fell asleep again and Peter smiled.

He lowered himself and closed his eyes, falling asleep along with Y/n, letting the silence fill the air.

--

School was nothing special for Y/n. She refused to make more friends, having only Peter by her side and a few bullies who'd pick on her here and there.

She didn't bother to even introduce herself to the people that talk to her, hoping they'd find her unapproachable and stop talking to her. She didn't like socialising, and she hated talking to people.

She was awkward, shy and nerdy. The double of everything Peter was except smart. She was smart, but not like Peter, or so she thought. She had striaght A's, competing with Peter on everything, but she never agreed on the fact that she was smarter than him.

After another day of school, she was walking down the street with Peter close beside her. " Sandwiches? " Peter grinned goofily and Y/n chuckled, nodding.

They walked in Delmar's, ordering their favorite sandwiches and leaving the shop.

Climbing the lift of the apartment building, Y/n seemed more relaxed now that there weren't any new faces.

She'd only face Mr. Avery, an old man who was sweet, down the hallway sometimes and than Lillian, a girl around their age who seemed to take a liking towards Peter, alot.

" Oh, here she is. " Y/n giggled as she spotted Lillian making her way towards Peter, who blushed and cleared his throat.

" Hey, Peter. Hello, Y/n. Here, I made cookies for you. " She offered him a plate of cookies, misshaped but Y/n beamed enthusiastically.

" Thanks, Lillian. They look tasty. " She says and grabbed a cookie, nudging Peter. " Oh, uh.. Yeah. Thanks. " He grabbed one too and dragged her Y/n past her down the hallway.

" You always run from her! " Y/n giggled, opening her apartment door and Peter sighed, leaning beside her on the wall.

" I can't help it, she's clingy. " He complained and Y/n giggled. " Too bad. You're stuck here. " She says, closing the door as Peter walked in.