Chapter 11

🕷🕷🕷

Y/n's Pov

I don't know what went wrong. Everything was good for the first few weeks. I had trouble settling in, but made sure I give him a call and text half of the day.

Everything was okay, than one day, he didn't pick up any calls nor replied to any of my texts. I didn't give up and made sure I still call him and text him whenever I get time.

The university work was loaded. I'd barely get time to eat while nights were horror. The nightmares were worst than I thought. I'd barely have three hours of sleep each night. The work load was terrifying but I stayed on the top.

Growing used to not getting sleep at all, weeks turned to months and months turned to two years. I had developed Insomnia.

I couldn't sleep at nights at all but no one knew. The one knew probably gave up on me but I don't blame him. It must be hard on him too, he have other things to do, other than talk to me all day.

I missed him immensely. I'd spend my free time watching Spiderman on YouTube, just to keep tabs and know that he's still out there and probably waiting for me.

As the time passed, my life became hell. Grandpa was so controlling that he didn't even let me call mum much, saying I'd only waste my time on talking with her rather than studying. I felt horrible.

Mum and May must be thinking I'm such a terrible daughter who forgot them when I came to this big ass city. I don't have any friends. I couldn't make any.

I knew for sure I'd only make myself more miserable than I already am if I make friends. I had lost touch with Ned and MJ long ago but I still tried talking to Peter.

" Get off your phone, girl! " My grandpa yelled and I rolled my eyes. " Leave her alone, Goldie. " My grandma was one rare lady you'd ever find. She was the only one I was surviving for.

She always kept me away from grandpa's tantrums and told him off whenever he taunts me. I was glad he was scared of his wife.

I looked at my lock screen and smiled at the memory.

Flashback..

" Happy birthday, Pete. Here's your
gift. "
Y/n smiled at Peter, who's eyes shone as bright as sunlight and he grabbed the box.

" It looks heavy! " He exclaims and Y/n giggled.

Opening it, Peter gasped and took out the brand new Polaroid Camera she had bought for him. He grinned wide at the girl beside him and gave her a quick side hug with a peck on her cheek.

He peeked in the box and found a note.
" Me staying by your side is free with the gift. ;) "

He chuckled and looked at Y/n with adoration. " Here's my gift!! " May squealed and gave Peter her box.

" Here's the cake! " Freya came out of the kitchen and placed the cake on the table and took off her apron.

" Whoa! It looks tasty, mum. " Y/n made her way to grab the cherry on top of it but Peter slapped her arm away. " That's my birthday cake. "

" You're sixteen, now. Act like one. " Y/n pouted and stole the cherry anyway, when Peter whined. May and Freya laughed at the two while they bickered like an old married couple.

" Cut it out, you two. How about a picture with this new camera of yours? " Freya suggests and Y/n nodded eagerly.

" Just a second! " She grabbed a handful piece of cake and spreaded it all over Peter's face, who gasped. " Oh, you're so on! " He did the same and May laughed while Freya clicked the pictures.