Chapter 5

🕷🕷🕷

" I'm happy and very proud that you think about this, helping people but what bout you? " Y/n asked.

She was lying on the floor, books scattered around her. School wouldn't start for another week and she was already studying. She hated being behind but she didn't mind being ahead of everyone, so she and Peter had decided to start early since they were taking mostly AP this year.

" I'll be careful. " Peter was lying vertically, his head on her stomach while she played with his hair. " Promise? "

" Yes, N/n. I promise I'll be fine and if anything happens, you'll be the first one I'll come to. " He mumbles.

He was wondering about going out and helping people, following the words Ben said; " With great powers, comes great responsibility. " The words had effected him deeply and he wanted to help the people in need.

" It's not like you have anyone else,
anyway! " Y/n scoffed and Peter gasps.
" That was cold. " He exclaims either a hand on his chest and Y/n giggled.

" I'm joking! " She patted his forehead and Peter chuckled. " Hey, you turn sixteen, what do you want as a gift? "
Y/n asked and Peter smiled. He had nearly forgot about that.

" Uh, let me see. How about you stay by my side for the rest of my life? " He gives her a boyish grin, rolling off and facing her. Y/n laughed and nodded. " That comes free with the gift I'm buying for you. "

Peter smiled at her gratefully, placing his chin on his palms and using his elbows as support and staring at her.
" What? " A chuckle escaped her lips as Peter stared and she felt blood rushing to her cheeks.

" Nothing. Just seeing. " He replied and Y/n frowned. " Seeing my face? Is there something-" She asks, touching her face and Peter chuckled, shaking his head.
" Beauty. "

He didn't know where thay came from, but it just slipped and he turned red even before Y/n would. Y/n stared at him with a smile and poked his cheeks.

" That was smooth, Parker. Why don't you try it on Liz? " She smirks and Peter rolled his eyes. " Why do you bring her up every time we have a
conversation? " He groaned and Y/n giggled.

" Well, I like teasing you. " She admitted and Peter scoffed.

🕷

The week passed in a blink of an eye and Y/n was ready reading through her new schedule.

She squealed in delight as she saw Peter had the same homeroom, which meant he had most of his classes with her. " Thank Goodness! " She breathed out and Peter chuckled.

" Come on, let's find Ned and our lockers. " Peter days and Y/n nodded eagerly, the duo making their way down the corridor.

" Okay, great. We have lockers not so far either. " Peter says and Y/n smiled.

" I'll be back. " Y/n walked down a few lockers and spinned her locker combo, placing her books and only took the starting two classes.

" Hey, Y/n! How was summer? " Y/n smacked her head mentally and turned around with a fake smile. " Hey! It was.. eventful. What about yours? " She asks and Jeremy nodded.

" Heard Parker's old man died. " He chuckled and Y/n frowned. " Is that a good news to you? " She asked, her eyebrows knitted together.

" What? No. I mean, he was old anyway-"
Y/n scoffed and glared at him. " You know what? You're not worth my
time. " She mumbled and walked past him, towards Peter who was watching the interaction.