Chapter 16

🕷🕷🕷

Y/n's Pov

It can't be, right? Was I dreaming? Did he really kiss me last night? I'm going mad!! Ugh!

I'm having a mental debate while staring at the hem of the rug. My back is pressed against his chest, his arms securely wrapped around my waist.

It feels so good. I never thought I'd be able to fall asleep again. It felt good to be back in his arms, safe and warm. No nightmares, no sleeplessness.

Feeling his hot breath on my bare shoulder, I would've shivered, but the way he was wrapped against me, I was warm. Our legs were tangled so I couldn't move them either. I just laid there and thought about last night.

Did he say he loves me? Does he still love me? Even after I left him? Did he kiss me goodnight? Or it was just me, dreaming?

" You're awake. " He peeked and I hummed.

" Yeah. " I turned around with a smile and he smiled back.

Back to where we were!

I thought as he just stared at me, giving me that look. " You're giving me-"

" That look? I know. " He chuckled and I smiled. " Does anyone know you're here? They'd file a missing report. " I chuckled and he nodded.

" I texted them last night. " I hummed and snuggled into his neck. He rubbed slow circles on my back, enough to make me feel I won't be sad ever again. To make me feel I won't ever want to leave him again.

" I have a meeting. " Peter cursed and I smiled softly. " Mhm.. Maybe you should finish it and pick me up. I don't have my car. " I mumbled and he hummed I'm response.

" I don't live in the Tower. I usually don't go there because I'm either late or I don't get much time so I bought an apartment. " I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

" Did May not mind it? " I whispered and he shook his head. " No, maybe she knows I'm always busy. "

" Doesn't look busy to me. You've been here since yesterday. " I teased and he rolled his eyes, a playful smile on his lips, which I found so attractive that I just wanted to tug his collar and kiss him already.

" I took a day off. Should I go now? " He frowned, looking at the small table clock behind him and I hummed.
" Sure. " I mumbled and sighed.

" I'm pretty sure everyone in the Tower is waiting to tease us. " Peter says and I couldn't help but chuckle. " Will that be bad? "

" Very bad. They won't stop, at all. You need to mentally prepare yourself." He chuckled and sighed.

" Yeah, stop staring at me and go to your meeting. " He whined and for off the bed. Grabbing his phone and keys, he turned to me.

" I'll pick you up by 12. " He climbs on the bed and my breath hitched as he leaned closer but to my dismay, he pecked my cheek and left the room.

I huffed at my thoughts and decided to take a shower. Having a peaceful sleep does make me feel fresh and happy. Most of all, I'm glad I came back I guess.

Taking a shower, I wore: