Chapter 9

🕷🕷🕷

" When do I ask? I mean she's always surrounded by her friends! Homecoming is tonight. " Peter whined, causing Y/n to chuckle.

" I'm pretty sure you'll get a chance. Chill out! " Y/n patted Peter's shoulder and he smiled at her. " See, you're giving me that look again. "

Peter scrunched his face in confusion and pouted. " I'm just looking t you! " He complained and Y/n shrugged. " I'm just saying. " Peter chuckled through his frown and nudged her.

" Oh, boy! " She sighed, spotting Jeremy by her locker. " Wasn't that enough? " She mumbled and Peter felt his cheeks burning. " You know what? Let's go to the class. I have my books anyway. I'll take Chem later. " She mumbled and Peter nodded.

Escaping successfully, Y/n sighed in relief and sat at her seat. Sitting through the classes, Y/n waved at Peter to get her Chemistry books that were in her locker.

" Five minutes. " She says, and turned around the corridor. Taking out her books, she closed the locker and turned around, finding Jeremy standing there.

" What are you doing here? " She chuckles nervously and Jeremy rolled his eyes. " Cut the bullshit. I know what you're trying to do."

Y/n's face twitched and she sighed. " I know what you're trying to do, too. Why don't you just get the hint? "

" You think I want to do all this?
You're not even my type. It's all because of a bet so I just want get this over
with. "
Y/n's heart dropped, an uncomfortable feeling rising in the pit of her stomach.

" I don't like you! " She says, her voice a whisper and Jeremy laughed. " Who said I like you? I loathe you, actually. But this bet, it is important to me. People expect me to do it and I'm not going to embarrass myself. " He hissed leaning closer and Y/n whimpered,
pressing herself against the lockers
harder.

" Don't. Don't do this. " Y/n says, trying to walk away but her wrist was grabbed harshly and she was slammed against the lockers once more. " You're not escaping now. Parker has been ruining this for me since the start. "

Peter, who had been waiting patiently, felt his Spidey sense alarming. He frowned and looked around, finding nothing.

" Y/n! " He says and sprinted through corridors. As expected, he spotted her pressed against the lockers, trembling as Jeremy towered over her.

Peter's blood boiled and he clenched his jaw. Anger filled his veins as he marched towards the two, and grabbed Jeremy's collar. Spinning him around, he landed a hard punch in his jaw and Jeremy fell to the floor.

" What the hell? " Jeremy cursed, his jaw bruised and lip cut. Blood dripping off of it.

Y/n just stood there, frozen in surprise at Peter's ourburst.

She had never seen him so angry in her entire life. She grabbed Peter's arm before he could further punch Jeremy. The touch instantly sent chills down his spine, his anger decreasing to an extent.

" Pete, stop. " Y/n whispered and Peter sighed, trying to calm his heavy breath.
" You okay? " He turned to face her and Y/n nodded.

Peter shrugged off his flannel, draping it over her shoulders and Y/n sighed, leaning in the touch. " It's fine. " He rubbed her back and turned to Jeremy.

" If I ever see you around her, or you try to force yourself on any other girl at that matter, I'll make your life living hell, Jeremy. Keep that in mind. " Peter's gaze hardened and fear was visible in Jeremy's eyes, who nodded.

" Get lost. " The next second, the boy was limping his way towards the nurse.

" You want to go home? " He turns to
Y/n, who shook her head. " I'm fine, Pete. Thanks. " Peter tucked the strand of hair behind her ear and sighed.