Chapter 4: The Hidden City

I saw the materializer field. It was so awesome. I saw a lot of people in the field. Some were going to destinations which will take long hours to get there. We were going to a portal in the materializer field. We materialized into a big place where the shadows materialize is.

"Whoa..." I said with amazement as I look around. Shadows have a lot of people in this year.

"Mike, welcome to the hidden city of the shadows," said Victor.

I asked the professor, "Why am I called the shadows?"

"It's because we hide in the shadows," he replied.

"Oh," I said. Well that was a basic answer, but I know there was more about why we were called a shadow.

I looked at him and asked, "So... you are bringing me to the agency now?"

Victor looked back to Mike grinning, "Not yet. I will bring you around the city so that you will know where to go in the city. You would like the city and the agency."

He took me around the city. The city was very big. The city has flying cars using mercunium energy to power the car. Some cars were on the ground hovering above the ground. I saw the Hyperloop train tube. It was running from stations to stations fast. On ground, people walked. Of course, there are police, hospital and the fire station. The city buildings were thin. After that, he showed me the theater, high school, hotels etc. And finally, he brought me to the agency which was the second tallest building. The tallest building is the mayor's luxurious hotel and his office. I also saw the city hall. It has our shadows' sign. Then we went to the agency. The agency was very nice. It was made of mercunium which has been polished nicely. It was very shiny. The floor which was made by marble is very nice and white. There were holograms of the latest global news. We went into the agency and saw a lot of agents. They were split to teams of finding different stuff all around the world (I know it because there is a signboard which says who is on which team and their goal. I saw a signboard that said: Mike Jackson, leader of the infinity team. I nearly screamed because of two things, the shadow agency knows about me and I'm a leader of the infinity team. I saw my team and Victor introduce me to Sarah Hennessey, Valentina Johnson, Jack Miller, Jim Jones and our nanotech robot Ryan. I will describe them. Sarah's hair is long and black. Her skin is white. Everyone's skin is white. Her face is fine. Sarah's eyes are big. Valentina's hair is also long and curly, but the color is red. Her face is also fine. Her eyes are quite small. I guessed she got plastic surgery. Jack's hair was curved to the side. Very epic and nice. He got a scar on his face. A small scar. Jim's hair has the modern hair. His face is also fine. Ryan's hair was short. The center of his hair was curved up. They look almost the same by their face, but their hairstyles are different.

The professor whispered to me, "Look at that, you are the leader of a team. I'm your team's professor."

I almost jaw dropped but I did not because I am a leader and I do not want to look awkward. Victor showed me the way to my own room, my team's armory, a training area and my team's meeting room. In the armory, I saw a lot of weapons that are powerful, but the ancient weapons of the Greek gods are way much powerful. Today, my team and I are going to find Apollo's bow and arrow that can be used to heal or slay. I went back to my room to put my things. My phone rang, it was Victor.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Mike now is the time you call for a meeting and after that, you and your team are going know each other and have fun. After the fun, you all will train for two days. After the training day, you and your team are going to Delos to find Apollo's bow and arrow in Temple of the Mask," said Victor.

"Okay, good to hear it. Bye," I replied and ended the call. I used my microphone which is only to announce an announcement to my team only and spoke: All members please proceed to the meeting room. After that, we will get to know each other and have fun. After the fun, we will train in the training room to get prepare. We will train for two days. The next afternoon after the training day, we will take our weapon and depart to the Temple of the Mask in Delos by a private jet.

  All my team members were there including me. So, we discussed our plan.

"Private jet is fast. It means that our mission is an easy peasy," said Jack with a delightful smile.

Victor sighed and said to him, "Jack, the mission is not very easy. There are traps and challenges in Delos. Those things are protecting the bow and arrow waiting for the one who knows all the answer and is the one who can grab hold of it. That is why it is our first mission. We have the right person on the hunt for the ancient weapon. It is Valentina Johnson who would hold the bow and arrow, Jack Miller can hold the lightning bolt of Zeus, Jim Jones who can hold the trident of Poseidon, Sarah Hennessy who will hole the Helm of Darkness and Mike Jackson will hold the caduceus of Hermes."

"Okay, after we get out of the private jet, we cloak it to make sure nobody jumps into our plane and fly away," said Sarah.

"That is good Sarah. By the way, we will move cautiously to the Temple of the Mask. Also, watch out for the traps. If the challenge is a riddle, we try our best to answer it. Do not simply answer of else we will die," I said.

"What about our backup plan?" asked Jim.

"Well, I guess Sarah will have to take a taser gun to taser the statue if our normal plan fails. If it is a success, Sarah just standby and wait for my signal to change it to a rocket launcher to blow up the monster. If everything succeeds, we just go back home and make a replica of it and put it to the museum to let people see the replica of the bow and arrow," I answered thinking whether it will succeed.

"I will give you some nanobot's rock skiing if it is needed," the professor said.

"Thanks," I said.

"That is our plan?" asked Valentina.

"Yes, it is," I answered back to her. "So, let's get to know each other and have fun with each other. After that, we shall train. After all the program, we all have a good sleep. Are we clear?"

"Yes, sir," they all answered.