Chapter 8: The Mission on Delos

Sitting in the private jet was epic for me and my team because it was our first time sitting in a private jet. The private jet was made by light-weight material and is powered by mercunium so, it was super-fast. A music was playing in the private jet. The song was called "One Call Away" from Charlie Puth. The song was still popular even though it was many years ago. The song was very nice. We enjoyed and sing with it. We were so relaxed, but we still have a mission so it was not very relaxing. The jet was very fast so we reach Delos in 30 minutes. The jet stopped with a parachute to immediately stop the jet. We braced for impact because the jet stopped with such powerful momentum.

"Everyone all right?" I asked.

They all answered, "Yes."

"Good, because we are going to find the bow and arrow of Apollo." I said with encouragement.

We got out of the jet and cloaked it. We saw Delos with amazement because the grass was so green and it was not polluted. This was the first time we saw nature because we all see is building. The temples on Delos were rebuild because it looked like a battlefield in the past. We were heavily armed so we can deal with the traps and challenges. We continued walking cautiously to the Temple of the Mask until Jim stepped on a pressure plate.

"Oops." He said with a shock face.

A lot of statue archers came out and started shooting arrows at us. We all found a place to hide.

Jim, Ryan, Sarah and Jack said together, "We can't fight them with close combat."

"Oh, you don't need to. Mike and I will shoot them down," said Valentina with her charming voice again.

"Yeah, don't worry guys. We can handle this." I said.

I took my turbo assault plasma rifle and fire the statue. Valentina took her turbo bow and arrow to shoot at the statue. We shot down several statues. Only one was left which was shooting at both of our side. Impossible. How could a statue do that? I looked closer and figured out that there were two statues in one body. We tried our best to shoot it but the arrow was so fast that Valentina and I have to dodge it and our accuracy was out of range. I kept on thinking how to defeat it.

"Hey, Mike. Better not think so long because we don't have time," said Jack.

Finally, I thought of an idea.

I said to Valentina, "Valentina, I will shoot its leg and you will shoot when I give the order."

She answered, "Ok."

I slowly lean to the end of the rock and shoot its leg. It fell and I said, "Now, Valentina!"

She quickly shoot the statue and the statue was destroyed.

"Yeah. Whooo hoooo!" Jack said with excitement.

After the battle, we continued the route to the Temple of the Mask. Ryan was leading because he's got the route in his AI. We walked peacefully.

"The temple is just right ahead," said Ryan. He was sure because he got the route in his AI. He continued till we saw the temple.

"Whoaaa..." said Jim with a surprise face.

Suddenly, the ground shook and we stumbled.

Sarah asked, "Is it an earthquake?"

I remembered the last obstacle outside the temple. There are still traps in the temple. It was called the Riddler of Doom. It was gigantic and it was made of quartz. The way I see the monster was its strength. I guess it was 500% strength, 66% speed, 1000% defense and 49% agility. It was powerful than Ryan, but it is slower than him. I have no idea whether we can defeat the Riddler of Doom. It ascended from the ground and looked at us.

"You must leave here or answer my riddle," it said with a low and deadly voice.