Chapter 15: The Betrayer

We saw the professor. He welcomed us. I can say that this day was a dangerous day. My team almost got killed by the robots that the mayor sent.

"How's your mission?" asked the professor.

"Bad. Very bad," answered Valentina.

"Valentina, I know why you are upset," said the professor.

I scowled, "Did Ryan record it?"

"No, I was the previous team's member," said the professor.

"What?!" shouted Jim.

"Yes, I know everything that got your parents killed," admitted the professor.

"Okay, Victor. Can you tell us?" I asked.

"No, not here," said the professor. "We should discuss this in the meeting room."

"Okay," we said.

We all sit back and relaxed because it had been a very big day. The transport was faster than our jet. So, we just reach the city in 15 minutes. We landed in the agency. The agency has a gigantic garage that you could put 50 jaegers inside. I'm not joking. After we landed, we came out of the transport and saw the other teams in front of us. They cheered for us. They even carried us up. They carried us to the café. The café was also very big. There was a table for all the teams, and we sat there with the other teams. This café was the best café in my whole life. All our food was for free. The food was only free in the agency. When an unknown shadow comes into the agency's café, they must pay money for the food. The food in the café was tasty. I didn't eat too much because I do not want to be fat. I always do a 15 minutes workout to keep myself fit.

After the good food, we said goodbye to our fellow friends. We walked to our own room. We need to rest after the mission. Just then, a robot came into my room.

"Hi, Mike. I'm SX-75," said SX-75.

"Hi," I said.

SX-75 is an awesome robot. The color of the robot is gold. The gold is not that shiny because whoever made this robot, they cared about the user of the robot. The maker of SX-75 wanted the user of the robot be comfortable with the color of SX-75. The only eyes it had was a red glowing light on its face. SX-75's body is cover by metal and in the body has a lot of circuits connected together.

"Do you need anything?"

"Nope. I'm fine,"

"Are you sure? You just came back from your mission,"

"I do not need anything. I just need to rest,"

"Later, you are going to the meeting room. What do you want to wear?"

"How about a t-shirt which says Victory is ours and jeans,"

"I will prepare for you now,"

Having a robot as a servant is cool. I can relax while SX-75 is preparing my clothes. I closed my eyes and passed out.

I opened my eyes and saw the mayor making a call in his building. The interior design of the mayor's building is magnificent. Okay, the mayor called someone called "the shadow rampage" aka Liam. The mayor was talking to Liam about our next mission in New York. I can hear their conversation clearly because I was standing beside the mayor.

"Where are they going?" asked Liam.

"Somewhere in New York," the mayor said.

"Which building?" asked Liam.

"The empire state building," answered the mayor.

"Why?" asked Liam.

"They are going for the lightning bolt of Zeus," the mayor answered.