Chapter 9: The Riddler of Doom

"I will answer your riddle," I suggested.

"If you answered my riddle correctly, you can pass. If you answered it wrongly, you will die," said the monster with the same voice.

"Dude can your voice be a little kind?" asked Jack.

The monster growled at him with a fierce voice.

Jim looked at me with a nervous face and asked, "Are you serious, Mike?"

"Yes, I am 100% sure," I said. I wasn't sure why I said that. We had to get that bow and arrow. "I accept your challenge."

It answered, "Alright, here's the riddle. I fly over the sun, but I have no shadow. What am I?

We were all thinking very hard because the riddle was very hard. We were struggling with the riddle. I kept on thinking and did not give up. I am not going to lose this mission. Then, a strong gust of wind hit us. Suddenly, a thought hit me. I quickly looked at the sun and figured out the answer. The smile from the monster's face faded away when he saw me looking at the sun when the wind blew. I also saw no shadow from the wind.

"The answer is 'wind'." I finally answered the riddle.

It said with an impressed voice, "Well done, you have solved the riddle."

"Can we go and claim the bow and arrow now?" Jim asked.

"Well, you solved the riddle and it's time for you to die," said the monster.

"I thought we agreed to the terms?" asked Sarah.

"You did but I lied," it laughed. "I can't believe you guys got trick."

"We fell for it because we want Apollo's bow and arrow," I scowled at it.

"Never mind, enough talking and more fighting. Shall we?" said Sarah

"I agree, shall we?" I said.

"This is going to be epic!" shouted Jack.

We advanced to the Riddler of Doom. It then advanced to us too. Then, the monster and my team ran to fight.

Remember our training? Yeah, this fight was harder than the training. A lot harder. The monster's strength is so much powerful than Ryan. The monster swung its quartz gigantic wreaking ball at us. All of us parried the attack. After that hit, we went and attacked it with our turbo weapons. Its defense was extraordinarily strong, so our fire power was weak. Ryan used his big beefy hand to hit the Riddler of Doom with all his strength. The Riddler of Doom fell face first on to the ground. It staggered to its feet and slapped Ryan away. Ryan flew like nine miles away. Wow! The Riddler of Doom was very strong. We all saw that so, we were cautious when it wants to hit us. Jack swung his wrecking ball at its feet as hard as he can. The monster did not yelp in pain because its quartz was solid. Jack's wrecking ball only broke a little quartz out of the leg. The monster almost slapped Jack but Valentina shot a dozen of arrows in to the Riddler of Doom's back. It groaned in pain and plucked out the arrows and threw it at us. We dodged all the arrows. Jim charged to the monster with his sword with all his might and stabbed the monster's gut. Then, he sliced the quartz away from its body. Sarah sneaked to the back of the monster's back and stabbed its buttock with her battle axe.

"Yuck! You're so disgusting Sarah." I said.

"What?! That was to hurt the monster!" Sarah shouted.

"Fine." I replied.

I used my assault plasma rifle to shoot the monster's face. Then, I sliced it with my great sword. The Riddler of Doom and I were fighting very long when it swung its hand to me. I sidestepped the attack, but it immediately used its wreaking ball to hit me in the gut. His attack was so fast that I couldn't see it. The impact of the wrecking ball was so hard, I flew about eleven miles away. Then, the monster jumped to me like the hulk jumping. I staggered to my feet but when the Riddler of Doom landed on the ground, my legs buckled, and I fell.

"MIKE!!!" Jim screamed.

The Riddler of Doom was about to hit me when Ryan took a big and heavy rock and threw it to the Riddler of Doom's chest. It stumbled to the ground with a broken chest. In the chest, was a quartz core. Ryan took it out and said, "This core is the main power to Apollo's bow and arrow."

The lastthing I saw was my team caught me before I fell to the ground. After that, thewhole world went black.