[20] Auditions for the act.

Scarlett

Scarlett

We strolled back to the tent site, everyone out there were shocked to see us together except for norah.

How do I explain them now?

"What's going on here ? Why are you coming back along with him?! " Jason questioned standing up. His jaws clenched depicting his anger.

"Not here Jason! I have to tell you something. " I was literally pleading him not to make any fuss here. We are here to enjoy our weekend.

Damon dabbed on Jason shoulder trying to placate him.

"Please " I whispered.

Jason raked his hand through his hair and gritted his teeth, "One more tear from my sister's eyes, You will be six feet under the ground " He barked at Xavier and strolled away vexed.

I was about to follow him when Damon grasped my wrist and brought me to halt, " Not now! He needs some time alone. I know how dangerous he can be when he is all irked... "

Damon wasn't lying about this, Jason can be very dangerous when he is angry.

"Scar! I can speak to him if you want? " Xavier stood behind me while his eyes trailed back to the path where Jason headed.
"Not you Xavier! He will kill you in a heartbeat without any guilt " I babbled.

Everyone shook their head in agreement. That night Jason texted Damon saying he is already home and asked Damon to bring me back home safe!

●●●●

I scribbled circles on my book out of boredom. I lost the count of times I have sighed in this class.

"How I wish we were at home watching Netflix " Katniss commented yawning.

"How I wish Damon was present today " I plopped my elbow on the desk.

"You are impossible! " She rolled her eyes just then we heard Mr.Chris calling out our names.

"Ms.Herderson and Ms. Lightwood , do all your classmates a favour and walk out of the class. You both keep murmuring sitting right below my nose which is actually disturbing my class " He snaps at us.

We both quickly grab our things and walk out of class before murmuring sorry at Mr.Chris.

"How about we go and see the audition? " Katniss suggested but instead I pulled her to cafeteria.

Our phones buzzed...

Winterville High gossip :

◆ Damon and Xavier are going to be part of the famous drama of winterville high fest — “As you like it ”

This note was followed by many comments from girls.

"Woah! That's cool! Since Damon is going to take part don't you think you should also try? " Katniss raised her brows.

"Me? I and acting are like poles apart" I shrugged.

"But I think you should give it a try scar " Xavier voice came from behind, he walked alongside with Damon with two coffee mugs in his hands.

Why are they not killing each other??  They became friends? So fast?!

"What role are you playing?! " I asked Damon
"Oliver " He replied taking a seat next to katniss.

I raised my brow and looked at xavier, he smiled displaying his dimple and handed me one of the cup, "Won't you ask me? Anyways let me tell you, I'm gonna play Orlando's role. "

We both walked across and took seat opposite to katniss and Damon.
I took a sip of coffee and turned to face Xavier, "Did you pour entire sugar jar in my mug? "

"Nah! Like always one spoon in your mug and three in mine " He shrugged taking a sip from his mug. "Oh I think I gave you the wrong mug... " He announced swapping our mugs.

Damon and katniss were looking at us with their eyes wide open, specially katniss I felt like her eye balls are going pop out of socket.

"What's wrong?! " I asked baffled.

"You never ever drank coffee from my mug and you freaking drank from the same cup as his " She almost yelled at me standing up from her seat.

"Oh yeah " I laughed but my laughter dried out when I saw katniss had turned red, "I didn't really notice kat! "

"Hey! Are you sure you are straight?" Out of nowhere Xavier questioned katniss.

"You are not helping idiot! " I muttered whilst elbowing him.

"Why would ask that bro? " Damon blinked his eyes, Seriously this wasn't the time.

"I mean she is so possessive for scar! I thought she might have some hidden crush on scar " He exclaimed, both Damon and Xavier burst out laughing.

"She is my best friend! And I am very possesive about her. Out of everyone in the world I don't think I need to give you any sort of proof about me being straight!" Katniss snapped at xavier and turned to face me. I made puppy like face.

"Oh alright! But you should know this " Xavier stood up and pulled me towards him, one of his hand snaked around my neck.My back pressed lightly against his chest, "I will always have special place in her heart. She is my cute little baby " He kissed the top of my head.

"Special place like best friend " Damon commented the next second.

"I know that dude "

Xavier kissed me just like that. He didn't know how I was feeling internally. My heart was thumping and my stomach welled up with anxiety. My nostrils filled with the scent which I was longing for such long time. I tilt my head up to look at him, he was teasing katniss. I let my eyes roam over his perfectly sculptured features. I couldn't help but gawk at him.

How am I going to keep my heart in check, if he does things like this?

....❤....

“ As you like it ”

 It is a pastoral comedy by William Shakespeare.

Characters :

Orlando - Xavier is going to play the role of Orlando in the act.

Oliver - Damon is going to play the role of Oliver in the act.

◆  Rosalind

◆  Celia