[35] Norah accepting her feeling.

Scarlett

My cheeks burn turning crimson red. Can you believe THE XAVIER THORN is openly flirting with me.

"Shut up Xavier! " I smack his arm whilst rolling my eyes.

"Guys let's head to auditorium. We have to practice for the play. " Norah announced standing up. I grasped my bag from Katniss lap and headed down towards audi along with Norah.

"You're still my bestie remember that! " Katniss yelled from behind.

"Not sure anymore... " I flung my hand across Norah shoulder while winking at Katniss, "Jason please stay with Katniss until I'm back from practice." I throw a playful smile towards my sweet brother.

I and Norah strolled towards washroom before going to auditorium.

"Hey! I just wanted to ask you something. " I utter while washing my hands.

"What?! " Norah raised her brow while applying lipstick.

"Don't you get jealous? I mean - You know, when you see Xavier close to me not to forget the way he flirts ignoring the surrounding.. So don't you feel like smacking my face when you see him so close to me?!" I finally ask the only question which I was dying to ask.

Norah's cold and aloof nature towards Xavier and mine closeness doesn't fit well. I mean dude she doesn't even react a bit!

Norah gazed at me for good few seconds and then let out a chuckle, "Okay! So do you really want me to smack your face? "

"No - Nah... I was just wondering — " I trail off.

"I trust you Scarlett. I don't know about Xavier but I'm sure you are mature enough and you definitely won't break mine and Xavier relationship. You are like the closest friend to me after Damon. I have openly told what Xavier means to me and I trust you with my relationship, you won't let Xavier cross any line... I can trust you right Scarlett?! " She narrowed her eyes at me.

She trusts me!

"Yeah! " I clear my throat looking away.

"Please don't break my trust. " She suddenly grasped my hand in hers, " I consider you as a very good friend, maybe like a best friend. I hope you respect OUR friendship... "

I press my lips straight. She is asking me to choose between my love and friendship?

"Can I be honest with you? "

"Yeah " She smiled a little and took few steps backwards.

"I don't think you love Xavier. I don't know if I should say this or not but I think it's better we face it rather than running away from reality ; from our true emotions... You are more protective, possessive and attached to Damon and we can clearly see it. You are just trying to be with Xavier cause — you are scared that he will leave you if he gets to know that you don't love him anymore... You are scared to hurt him but somewhere by doing this you are hurting both Damon and Xavier. "I utter looking straight at her trying to read the change of expressions on her face.

A pin drop silence sweeped the surrounding, the only sound was of water droplets falling from the leaking tap.
Norah was looking at some distant thinking something very deeply.

"I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm confused what I want, who I want. I'm feeling void,completely empty within...and that's scaring me cause I have experienced this uneasy nerve wrecking feeling before. Just few days before to my accident I felt like this — " A lone tear escaped her eyes. She quickly wiped it off, " That accident ruined my life and that's why I can't let Xavier go even if I know who is in his heart. "Her voice dropped to half of octave while he eyes heaved up to look at me.

My heart beat hastened at her sudden confession. I can see how scared she is... I can feel it in her eyes. Her eyes laced with helplessness and loneliness.

" I don't want to lose what I have... I know I'm being selfish right now but I - I'm scared scarlett... I'm scared that once I let Xavier go even damon will leave me! If I choose one now — both will leave me and like before I will be left alone. " She whispered placing palm on my mouth while letting out a muffled sob.

"Hey, I'm sorry - I didn't knew what you were battling with... " I strolled towards her and hugged her. I can't blame her for thinking that way cause as Xavier said earlier she is scared of losing the loved ones and it's her phobia that's not letting her choose her happiness. It's her fear that's not letting her choose Damon over Xavier.

"You know we all love you and we will never leave you... " I pull away to look at her, "Believe me, no matter what Xavier and Damon both will remain in your life "

"I need some time Scarlett. I'm almost there, I want you to wait for me to heal and then I will set YOUR love free. I want to get over this fear, I'm trying to trust Damon's love and Xavier's friendship... Can you let's us be the way we four are for now, I will give your happiness to you with a smile... " She smiled at me. I would do everything in my power to help her heal. Today I got to know Norah side, how much she is suffering and how I have ignored her all the while. She needed a friend to understand her and somewhere I have failed her as a friend. I couldn't read the pain in her eyes before.

"I'm here for you... Take your time, no one's going anywhere " I wiped her tears.

"Thank you! I know Xavier loves you, I knew it long back... " She giggled.

"Wait what? Xavier LOVES me?! " I almost screamed.
I somewhere had this feelings that Xavier likes me but LOVE ?

"Oh yeah... He is head over heels in love with you. "She flickered my nose with her index finger and continued ,"What magic did you do on him in one year that he was so much into you that he was ready to leave his fathers heritage for you. Xavier never goes against his dad but that day when his parents asked him not to come back here, he went against them for you. You should have seen the happiness on his face when we landed here. God! Even a lunatic could tell how much Xavier loves you... And yeah that guy wouldn't say that in front of me cause he believes he is responsible for my condition. " She said walking towards the door while pulling me along with her.

She linked her arm with mine, "Anyways once I'm done dealing with my fear. We can go on a triple date... You and Xavier. I and Damon and yeah our oh so cool couple Katniss and jason "

Xavier freaking loves me! Oh my god, Is this some kind of dream? I suddenly feel like I am Cinderella from fairy tale. How on earth did my love story turn like a fairy tale.

Gosh, Xavier Thorn loves me...

Just as we were about to enter auditorium norah jerked my hand making me halt, "Scarlett, this talk should be within us... Atleast until I fight this empty feeling within me and accept my true feelings whole heartedly... "

"My lips are sealed " I virtually zip my lip and wink at her.

❤...

A/N : So yeah, norah finally accepted her feelings.!

Please vote and comment... 🖤