[32] A bet

Scarlett

Scarlett

"What the hell are you doing here?! " I whisper yelled once I opened the door.

Xavier smiled cheekily at me and said, "Aww I missed you too " With that he sauntered towards my room.

"Zay? what are you doing here? " I question standing in front of him with my hands folded in front of my chest.

He looked straight into my eyes and sighed, reclining backwards he rest his head on headboard and tapped on place next to him on bed.

I shook my head in negative.

"C'mon don't act tough... You know you wanted me to stay with you " His eyes gleamed with contentment.

"Oh really? I didn't knew you could read minds " I rolled my eyes at him, even though it was true I didn't want to prove him right. But anyways I was very happy that he decided to come here.

I crawled on bed next to him. I place a pillow on my lap and started playing with it.

"Scar? " He called, I raise my head to look at him. He wanted to say something but he controlled himself.

"Xavier what is it? You can ask me whatever you want " I said

He pulled me closer to him and wrapped his hand around my shoulder, a jolt of electricity sweeped all over my body when his hand came in contact with my bare shoulder.

" Scar, I know I shouldn't ask you this but why did you go to that room with some random guy?! " His eyes bore into mine.

"I know that guy xavier, he is Tyler. We were friends... " I lower my eyes as the scenes replayed in my mind.

"Oh... But why the hell did you walk away from my sight?! " Xavier voice was stern and his grip on my shoulder tightened.

A sudden anger rushed in making me snap my head in his direction, "What do you expect me to do huh? Sit there and watch your dance with norah? To see how much you love her ? " I jerked my shoulder forwards causing his hand to fall off from my shoulder.

Silence unfurled the atmosphere none of us spoke, the only sound which my ears registered was the clock ticking and leaves rustling.

Taking in a deep breath Xavier huffed, "Scar, it wasn't like that. I didn't want to leave you, you were the one who insisted me to dance with norah! " He explained

"I'm sorry , you don't need to explain me anything. She - She is your girlfriend and I shouldn't behave like this... I might have caused you trouble by drinking " I swallowed hard averting my gaze downwards.

"No... You definitely didn't trouble me, In fact I'm very happy you got  drunk cause after listening to your confessions I was over the moon " He gushed and my eyes went wide.

So I did speak rubbish!

"What did I say? " I batted my eyelids trying to understand the reason behind his playful smile. God! Please don't tell me I said something embarrassing.