[30] Her love - Xavier

Scarlett

Scarlett

I calm my ragged breath looking at Jason. His eyes diverted towards my slumped figure , he took long strides in my direction and pulled me into his embrace. I didn't want anyone to touch me but I asserted my mind saying it was my Jason - my brother, he would never hurt me.

I jerked my body away from Jason when I heard a painful cry of someone. I stood straight hurriedly with jason help.

Xavier had smacked Tyler right on his nose. Xavier was filled with rage , his body was radiating his vexation. I held Jason's arm firmly.

Xavier pulled Tyler up with his collar and then blap...! He kicked his stomach making Tyler wince in pain. My eyes went wide looking at the scene which was unfolding in front of my eyes.

Xavier hovered over Tyler's figure and threw numerous punches right on his face. Tyler coughed out blood and my heart started beating erratically. If this doesn't stop then Xavier will end up behind bars and I won't forgive myself if Xavier goes to jail because of me.

"Jas - Jason, tell Xavier to stop " I buried my nails in Jason arm.

"No let him beat him to pulp. If Xavier stops then I will take his place and smack that shit face till he dies " Jason spat throwing daggers at Tyler's defeated figure.

"Please ask him to stop! I don't want to put Xavier in trouble... please " I plead with a feeble voice. Tears were threatening to fall again but I controlled them.

Jason observed my expression and cursed. He walked towards Xavier and tried pulling him away from tyler.

"You need to stop " Jason yelled at Xavier but Xavier being Xavier didn't stop.

Damon and jason both together pulled Xavier away from Tyler. Katniss ran towards me and held me close.

"Leave me! I will kill this bastard. How did he even touch her..." Xavier wriggled trying to break free from their grip.

"What's going to happen after you kill this good for nothing? You will be behind the bars. I know you are angry but think once.Everyone out here is angry. She needs you. Look at her once! We will make him suffer , I promise. " Damon yelled pushing xavier away from Tyler.

Xavier averted his gaze towards me , his eyes filled with rage and they were bloodshot. His eyes soften when he looked at me but then suddenly his jaws clenched when his eyes studied wound on my forehead.

My eyes filled with tears till the brim of my eyelids. He broke free from jason grip and walked towards me with measured steps. I lowered my eyes and stared at my shoes. I couldn't look in his eyes.

"Scar " He whispered and engulfed me into a hug. His masculine, warm and homely scent hit my nostrils making me feel like home.

Xavier feels like home !

Hot tears streamed down my cheek as I buried my face deeper in his chest. He buried his fingers in my hair while planting a gentle kiss on my head.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let you out of my sight " His voice drops half an octave.

I shook my head while holding his shirt tightly. A muffled cry escaped my lips making him tighten his grip around my waist. He caressed my back while drawing circles with pad of his thumb.

"Get a bandage " Jason voice came from somewhere around me.

After a few minutes or so someone tugged my arm asking me to leave Xavier. A strange fear creeped in my chest, I didn't want to leave xavier not now nor ever. I closed my eyes shut while tightening my grip on his shirt.

"Scarlett, I need to bandage your wound" Katniss stated but I shook my head in negative.

"It's alright Scarlett. I'm here with you. Can you turn your face towards Katniss so that she can dress your wound " Xavier serene voice registered my ears.

I turn my head towards my right while my head was still resting on Xavier chest. Xavier pushed hair away from my face.

I opened my eyes to meet worried and apologetic eyes of Katniss. She gave me heavy- hearted smile and dabbed cotton swab on my forehead.

I let my eyes roam around. I saw jason leaning next to door with his jaws clenched. Damon and norah were sitting on the edge of bed with worried look laced on their faces.

"It's done " Katniss announced closing the first aid kit.

"We should get back home " Jason huffed raking finger through his hair, "We will wait for you downstairs. " Looking at me for one last time Jason stormed out of the door. Damon, norah and Katniss followed jason.

"Let's go " Xavier caressed my cheek, "Will you come with me?! " I spoke after a long pause.

"You want me to come? "

"Mm - hmm " I blinked my eyes, Xavier leaned towards me and kissed my forehead, "You know I love you right? " He said resting his forehead against mine.

' Like best friend ' I completed his sentence in my mind.

He interviewed our fingers together and walked out. The atmosphere around was sweeped with tension. I had my eyes lowered.

Once we were out, I saw everyone waiting for us.

"You all go ahead. I will bring her with me" Xavier announced pulling me towards his car.

Today, I learnt a biggest truth about myself . Xavier is someone I trust with all my heart. How much ever I try I won't be able to give my heart to anyone else. I can't let Xavier go... I just can't live without him.

While hating him and then acting like his best friend, I didn't know that I fell in love with him all over again.

Call me stupid or insane but that doesn't change the fact that I love this guy more than I can express.

❤...

A/N : If you liked the chapter please vote!