Funeral

Walking into the training room I see Damian shirtless beating the sand out of a punching bag.

Obviously I had to admire my husbands body for a second before quickly snapping out of it when the bag falls to the ground sand pouring out of it.

"You know when I woke up this morning, I thought we'd be lying in, I get to cuddle with my husband. But you know what I get instead? A duck! A quack quack orange beaked feather dropping duck!" He looks at me sheepishly.

Motioning him over to the medbay I begin to treat his bruises and cuts on his knuckles. "Sorry" lifting my head up to give him a look "it's just a bag, besides I always treat your injuries" shaking his head he laughs "I meant the duck" looking at him I shrug "it's ok, I kinda like him, I named him Colin" shaking his head he looks down again.

"What's on your mind?" It's the funeral today so I already know it's going to be hard. "It just doesn't seem real" grabbing his hand "I know it doesn't, but sometimes you need to just let it out, cry, scream, break something if you have to, but don't keep it in" Placing a small kiss on his wrapped knuckles.

"I refuse to cry, I already broke something" rolling my eyes "the more you keep it in, the more it's gonna build up, break another bag, hell break 12 if it helps" he nods silently.

"Babe it will get better, you only have to let it" I pull him towards the elevator up to the manor. I take out a suit from our dresser and I hand it to him placing a kiss on his cheek. I help him with his tie before I left to put on my own black dress.

Now as it begins to feel real I try to push down the tears, breathing out I calm myself. It's going to be fine, it's gonna be fine, breathe Aria breathe.

"Quack!" Looking at the bed I see Colin the duck. "Hey there" I sit on the bed next to the duck. "Quack"

Why am I talking to an animal? I can't help but laugh, but why am I laughing? Colins dead, lian had a stroke, everyone's grieving and I'm here laughing at a duck...

Laughing soon turns into sobbing and now I feel like a drama queen. Why am I emotions so bipolar?

The door to our bedroom opens and in walk Damian "hey hey it's gonna be fine" he hugs me rubbing my back soothingly.

"I don't know why I'm crying? I don't cry" I scoff at myself my emotions betraying me. Wiping my tears "it's time" I hold on to his hand and let him guide us to the cemetery.

Standing underneath the sun with a clear sky, I struggle not to laugh at the irony. Even the sky couldn't be gloomy when it's Colins funeral, there was always an upside when it came to him.

———————————————————————

They lowered his body into the ground lian holding onto Damian as he holds her tight. Liv was crying into Henry's shoulder.

I held Damon's hand seeing the silent tears running down his face. Turning around lian holds on to me I stroke her head "we're here for you" feeling her nod she pulls back and I give her a small kiss on her forehead.

"Can you give me some time alone?" Nodding we all walk back inside.

Lians pov
Watching everyone walk back inside I sit infront of his headstone "why did you do it? Why did you have to go? Why did you leave me?" Letting a few tears slip I look back at it.

"You were supposed to be there for me! You promised! You said you wouldn't leave me! Why couldn't you wait for me? Why didn't you tell me?" Pulling my knees into my chest I sob more and more.

He should've waited for me, he should've told me he was going on a mission I could've helped, he just left and now he's never coming back.

"I know you wouldn't want this for me, I know you don't want me to be sad or broken over your death, but how can I not? I love you and I'm never gonna stop, you can't make me" standing up I walk away and back into the manor.