2 - Goodbyes

Peter's P.O.V

I was crouched on the rooftop of the building next to my school, peering in through the window. Ned was looking over his shoulder ever 3 seconds, waiting for me to turn up, but MJ was nowhere to be seen. I pulled my mask off and turned around, and there she was, waiting for me on the rooftop.
"I guess there's no point in me trying to talk you out of it." She said sadly.
"Every day I'm here with you, it puts you in more danger. I have to go away. At least until this whole thing blows over."
"Then I will find a way to prove you innocent. I'll prove that you didn't cause the London attack. And I won't stop fighting until I have."
I smiled.
"Where will you go?"
I shrugged "Somewhere I can't cause harm to anyone... I guess there's no point in telling you not to try and find me."
"Absolutely not. I won't let you go through this alone."
"MJ, I - "
"Here." She unclasped her glass black dahlia necklace and placed it in my palm, closing my fist around it "You can give it back to me when you come back."
"MJ, I - I..." I stammered.
"I know." She smiled shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear "Me too... But Peter, there's something I have to - "
The school bell rang, warning MJ that she was going to be late for class.
"You better go..."
"Bye, Peter... I'll see you soon." She turned around and walked off.
As I watched her walk away, I quietly murmured what I'd been unable to say, too quiet for her to hear.
'MJ, I love you.'